Chapter 40 - Confidential information

(Toms Pov)

I swore I saw Grim there, standing on the dance floor with him, but I wasn't to sure because the lights started dimming and a spotlight grew, they went full out for the fundraiser. The spotlight grew on the girl and guy and the music started to kick in starting off with a quick Spanish bass, her silhouette was perfect, she walked out of the light while he stayed in, she soon walked back in dragging her steps leaving her feet behind, I realised the music is was Chantaje, by Shakira and Maluma, she wrapped her hands around his chest and he spun her around until she hit a pose, her hair danced in the lighting and the effortlessness she had was incredible, the lyrics started to come in just after she froze, she slowly rose back up and wrapped her leg around his waist and lifted the other in front of her then kicked it behind her, the guy lifted her in the air and they froze there, he placed her down then they went into a very quick tango when the chorus over took everything, I watched her every movement, she was untouchable. She hit every move perfectly, she spun away from him and landed with another guy, she grabbed his tie and lead him onto the dance floor, she then started dancing with him, I watched as she stepped back then flipped over his shoulder, the song started ending and she went back to the guy she came with and started and started a more easy tango with him, he turned to face his back to her and I held my breath at the next move she did, she ran up to him and jumped onto his shoulders, he spun her around into a fish hook pose, her leg was once again wrapped around his waist whilst the other was lightly placed on the floor and her back was almost bent in half, the song ended and she was placed on the ground, she stroked him cheek and the lights went back to normal. I walked over to Blair and Alexia and turned my body to them but keeping my eyes on her.

"Oi, who are they?"

Alexia rolled her eyes and didn't answer, I looked at Blair and he clicked his tongue

"Not sure who the girl is, I can't see her face. But the guy is Joshua Renesone, one of Grims stupid friends, only Aiden likes him from the family"

"Whys that?"

I saw the girl tango around the room with him, but I couldn't see her face much to my disappointment

"He's her partner in crime, name any crime those two would've done it..."

"Wait Grim is a criminal?!"

"Yep, she's been to court and to jail not for long since Aiden bailed her out"

"Wait she knows Aiden?"

"Yep, she's basically family to him"

That added onto my list of things I know about grim; Aiden sees her as family. My thoughts snapped when I saw the mystery girl walk away from Joshua and up the office stairs, and me being me... followed her, I walked quietly up the stairs to make sure she didn't hear me. Her heels echoed through the empty hall; I hid behind the wall when she turned around, I didn't see her face once again, I heard the footsteps start again and I looked around the corner and found nothing, shit... I walked back to where everyone was and found Rebecca, so I stayed with her.

(Grims pov)

I knew thomas was following me, so I hid in the closet room until he left, the steady pace of shoes on marble flooring slowly decreased into the distance, I peered out of the door and continued to where I was going, the conference room. I opened the door and saw Evan standing next to Quade and Alexia, I scoffed, and a smirk grew on my face it was quite amusing seeing them like this, I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and sat on the table.

"Anyone going to speak?"

Quade opened his mouth and was quick to reply

"Where's Joshua?"

"Checked up your ass?"

"Very funny, but we need josh here"

I turned to the door and saw josh enter the room and shut the door quietly

"Found him"

I gave them a bitchy smile and a smartass look, Alex giggled, and the boys rolled their eyes

"What now though?"

I looked at everyone and raised an eyebrow

"well, since we are the only ones who know about the plan then we have to know every little bit of detail..."

"No, you don't Alex. You're just worrying about me getting hurt"

"Fine you're right..."

"Listen guys, I've done worse shit than this... I'll be fine"

"Fine you just have to sell it"

I looked at Evan slightly confused

"How so?"

"We need it to look like you're in Aiden's mob"

"Ok?"

"good, so now earpieces on people it's party time"

I left shortly after them and was walking down a different hallway when I bumped into someone.

"Oh, sorry about that love..."

My eyes widened and I left my head down, it was Thomas, I took a deep breath in and stood back looking up at him and examined the way his expression changed from a sorrow look to a surprised fucked off look

"Watch where you're going next time Hellbourne..."

"Grim?!"

"Hello again Thomas, long time no see..."