Chapter 15 - Threatened date

He glanced to me then quickly looked back at the road. 

"Yes, you mentioned before in the call, you had someone who had to pay off  a debt"

"correct, and that dead body you saw in my office was his"

Tom's eyes widened at that sentence, I never knew he was one to get scared, I looked out the window and thought about how I was going to explain the next part.

"Grim, why did you shoot him? I mean I get you shot the other guy cause he was going to shoot you... wait the main question is why did you carry a gun on you at the club?!"

I burst out into laughter at his confusion 

"Thomas, you're really cute when you're all confused"

"Not my question grim"

"Ugh, I carry a gun on me for protection, Blair did mention that I was a target didn't he?"

"what about the body?"

"Oh... that... uh"

I looked back over at him, my cheeks going bright red. dammit an excuse for a dead body in my office is hard to find

"Uh... if I tell you, you have to promise not to tell anyone. Got it?"

"Ok?"

"I'm kidding I'm not saying shit to you"

"ouch"

the car came to a halt outside a cafe, I looked outside the window and laughed.

"seriously a coffee date?"

"Hey, I never said it was a date"

"bullshit you asked me out"

He started laughing and stood out of the car, I did the same only leaving my jacket in it, I saw toms eyes on me and I let my hair down. 

"what's with the change?"

"Nothing, I don't like looking businessy in public"

"why?"

"reasons Thomas, reasons"

I started unbuttoning the bottom of my shirt and tied it up. I stepped out from behind the door looking at tom, his face reminded me of a lobster. 

"You ok Thomas? do you need sunblock? you look a bit burnt"

His mouth opened but nothing came out, I rolled my eyes and walked inside only to be welcomed by someone. 

"G-grim? is that you?"

I turned around and saw one of my past clients, Tom joined me and slid his hand around my waist looking down at me.

"Grim who is this?"

"Jeremy Criel"

He was 51, Hazel eyes and blonde hair. he stepped towards me and looked me up and down then glancing at Tom. 

"Y-you rejected me then you go off with him? the worlds most dangerous mobster?"

Tom's eyes widened and his mouth hung there. 

"Yes, indeed I did reject you Jeremy, but you managed to pay off the 7.5 million dollars you owed me"

"Yes... but I offered you marriage as well"

"Yes, you did. But as I said to you during our meeting"

I stepped towards him as he stepped back looking at Tom.

"You would've spent all the money in one day with your stupid issues, anyways why would I marry you? I don't want to make the same mistake as every other girl who fell for your lies"

I smiled politely and turned around. 

"Anyways, I'm happy. so ill give you 30 seconds to leave my sight"

I didn't even start counting but he ran off, I turned to Tom and smiled at him.

"Are we going to continue our date?"

he walked up to me and placed his forehead on mine, wrapping his arms back around my waist. he started laughing. 

"You are such a devil, it's cute"

I smiled and quickly pecked his lips, turning to the counter and stopped. a high pitch scream echoed through the earpiece.

"Thomas..."

His looked down at me and his expression became worried.

"We have to leave..."

"wait why?"

"NOW!"

It started with a whisper... {COMPLETED}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें