Chapter 37 - Lunch date gone wrong

We pulled up outside a cute little café, I looked at Quade and smiled.

"Seriously? You're still coming here?"

I looked at the sign 'Dainty sweets'.

"We can go somewhere else if you want, I only stopped here cause I know they have the coffee and food you love"

I laughed and stood out of the car and ran into the shop. I heard Danny giggle and he was joined by Quade, I stood in awe as I was pulled into the atmosphere I loved, the café was small with two story's, it was vintage with a decorative plant wall and the other had photos of customers photos from the photobooth, I ran up to the counter and screamed when I saw who was working there.

"JAKEY?!"

In front of me stood a boy with fawn brown hair pulled back into a man bun, he had a short scruffy beard and hazel eyes, he leant over the counter and pulled me into a tight hug, which I gladly returned

"Grim?! Oh my god I haven't seen you since you were a junior"

"Yes, it's been too long!"

I was joined by Danny and Quade, Danny grabbed my hand and smiled at Jake, and Quade placed his hand on my lower back.

"Well, looks like the crew is back"

We laughed at the comment and I waited for the boys to order when it was my turn Jake put his hand up and raised an eyebrow

"Let me guess, a large Caffe latté? And an Italian rum cake?"

I laughed and nodded, then walked back to the boys who were sitting at a window seat, I carefully sat down but later sunk into the comfort of the cream velvet single seat, I sighed and smiled at the waitress who brought us our food, I looked at the boys and my mind was at ease.

"What?"

I looked at Quade who was looking at me and I burst out in laughter when I saw the mess those two were making.

"One of two things I think, number one, you two are such pigs, wipe your mouths"

Danny giggled and Quade rolled his eyes, I took a deep breath and continued

"And I'm glad you two are safe..."

"What do you mean?"

I took a sip of my coffee and melted into the warmth that spread through my body, I looked back at the boys and shrugged

"I mean if you didn't have your earpiece on, I wouldn't have known what happened to you two until it was too late"

"well, it's in the past... let's enjoy our lunch and forget about it shall we?"

I nodded in agreement and looked out the café window to see cameras flashing in our direction, I rolled my eyes and looked around, fucking paparazzi. My eyes froze on tom and Rebecca and I swore I threw up in my mouth, fucking hell she's a slut...

"Oi, earth to grim?"

"Hm, what?"

I focused my attention back to them and I saw the concern in their eyes, they motioned towards the paparazzi who were now running across the street, I quickly finished my food and skulled my coffee, burning my tongue, I waited for the boys to finish quickly and I ran to the counter paying for our meal, then running back to the car to avoid questions. Quade slammed his foot onto the pedal, and we sped away as fast as we could, we stopped at a mall and I got out.

"Why are we here?"

"We all have to get some things for the fundraiser"

"Oh, I was going to wear a summer dress..."

"Grim we all know your summer dresses are too short for this"

"But they're comfy!"

"Not my point, come on"

Quade flung me over his shoulders and carried me into the mall, Danny walked behind us.

"Why is he carrying you?"

"No fucking clue kiddo"

"You can walk though..."

"My point exactly!"

We stopped outside one of our favourite stores and I started fangirling.

"Seriously!? Are we gonna shop at Style Rebel!?"

They both nodded and I ran into the store faster than ever before, I went straight to the corner I love, which was full with my style of clothes, I looked at the long dresses and shook my head, not this time I'm gonna go more me and not so much my family. I walked to the shorter dresses and pulled out one which represented me, a short burgundy open back spaghetti strapped dress, I walked into the changing rooms and tried it on, it reached my midthigh and I looked at the lace that wrapped around my torso and smiled, I got back into my clothes and brought the dress, I later got some black stiletto ankle strap pumps, I smiled at my outfit and thought about putting it with my leather jacket, I met up with the boys after a few minutes and we head back to my place, I tie my bandana back around my face and get out of the car, we all walked inside and I heard barking in the distance.

"LUPO! CARINA! STA 'ZITTO"

"Sis why can't you be nicer to your dogs"

"I just told them to shut up..."

"ahuh, yo, what's up Quade and Dan"

I left the guys with each other and walked to my room, I walked back out an hour later and saw Danny passed out on the couch, I smiled and turned to Jacob.

"Danny can stay in the 2nd west side room, you know behinds papa's"

"Yeah, yeah, I got him"

Jacob picked up Danny and carried him to bed, I told Quade to stay the night cause the boys missed him, I walked into tom on the way to bed later that night and I glared at him.

"Riley a word..."

"Sorry, I don't wanna hurt your feelings either"

I smirked and started walking off, only to feel my wrist being grabbed harshly and my body being spun around and pinned up against the wall.

"Do you fucking mind?"

"Yes, I do mind actually, why were you such a bitch to Becca?"

"None. Of. Your. Fucking. Business!"

"No, tell me why!"

"Because I don't like her ok!"

"Why not!"

"Cause she's a fucking bitch like some other girl I know who is currently six feet under dirt!"

I pushed him away and ripped off my mask when I got into my room, I slammed the door shut and screamed as loudly as I could. I heard a knock on my door but I didn't open it.

"Who the fuck is it?"

"Hey, I wanted to say so-"

"Fuck off Thomas"

"Riley... please..."

"I SAID FUCK OFF!"

I heard the door creak open but I quickly locked it, great today went so well until now, I waited in silence until he left, I sat on my bed and texted Joshua, yes he was my date for the fundraiser, my family hate him so much but I don't, he agreed to come with me and I smiled. Who knew how quickly a week could pass... tonight was the fundraiser, time to go break some hearts.