Chapter 18 - Surprise part 1

I rolled out of bed on a Monday morning, the sun's gentle light kissing my cheek, I looked at the time and sighed, 8:01 back to school... I walked over the curtains and pulled them taking in the sight I had outside my room, a small garden with a fountain and a small bench, full of colours from different flowers. I walked over to my closet and looked at my outfits, I wasn't working today since I had to be at school today. I pulled out a pair of navy blue knee-ripped jeans, I threw them onto the bed and grabbed a shirt and looked at it, my favourite shirt, it was a blood-red with an ACDC logo on the front, I threw that next to my jeans and grabbed my black belt. I walked over to my draws and pulled out a lacey white bra and black lacey panties. I put them on and continued to get dressed, I sighed and thought about my hair, let's leave it wild and untamed. I grabbed my timberlands and black socks putting them on and grabbing my school bag and phone plus keys then walking to the kitchen humming Lovely by Billie Eilish and Khalid. My thoughts were filled with what Tom asked, Are you going to the mafia ball? What's your connection with the mafia? I shook my head and walked out to the door only to be stopped by someone. 

"Where are you off to shortcake?"

I looked at up Alex, her messy bed hair covered her face she looked dead, I laughed at what she looked like and opened the door. 

"I'm going to school, I'll be back around 4 or 5"

"Why so late?"

"I've got a performance"

"You still singing grim?"

"Yeah gives me something to do when I'm not working"

"I guess that's true, anyway have a good day at school I'll tell Blair"

"Thanks, Ali"

I smiled and walked out of the door, she has also been living here since she and Blair started dating. I hopped in my car and drove to school, I pulled up in my car park and stepped out of the car heading straight into the school for the principal's office. 

"You wanted to see me, Sir?"

"Grim! yes, yes please sit down, I would like to say welcome back first off."

"Not good to be back, why aren't I allowed to leave?"

"Because your father had made it clear, but are you still free to perform tonight?"

"Yes, I can still perform tonight, it's a music contest, right? no specific genre?"

"correct, they choose the genres at random"

"Then I'll be there"

He smiled and I walked out the door back to my car, I was greeted by Kylee and we both sighed, I looked at my phone and rolled my eyes.

"Ky where are the guys? we have to leave soon"

"Don't ask..."

"But ones your boyfriend and the others your brother"

I turned to see two boys walking up to us, I smiled and got in my car gesturing for them to do the same, I was driving towards where the contest was when my phone rang, Kylee reached down and put it on speaker. 

"Hello, Grim speaking"

"Hey sis, where's the contest?"

"The stadium, why you ask Blair?"

"I was wanting to see my little sister perform again, it's been a few years"

"Yeah, well it's at 12 so see you soon"

"yep, laters"

"later skater"

He hung up and we pulled up outside the stadium, I turned off the car and we all walked inside, it was huge, there were 6 or 7 stages, I looked at where ours were and I laughed at the sign. 'Captivity' but the words looked like they had been slashed and were bleeding. I walked over to the stage and jumped up, it was about 1.5 metres off the ground so I more or rather climbed up it. I plugged in my electric guitar and started tuning it, we had to practice the opening song since they asked us to perform. I looked at Kaylee as she fiddled with her electric bass, I looked up to her boyfriend who sat at the drums adjusting them to his liking, then I turned to her brother I walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. he looked at me and smiled, his bright blue eyes shone as his smile lit up, his long brown hair was pulled back into a man bun. 

"So, Tyler, what song are we going to perform?"

"No clue Riley"

we called each other by our middle names, Grim Riley and Jason Tyler.

"Hmm, why don't we perform Radioactive, you know by Our last night"

His smile grew, I knew how much he loved that song and that cover, he was such a rocker. 

"Wait, can we pleaseeee, pretty please"

He got onto his knees and started begging, I started laughing, he's 16 and begging to perform that song.

"We all know how to play that song, why not we all like it"

He ran off to tell the others and I looked at my phone, 11:56. I turned to everyone and rubbed my hands together.

"Righto people, showtime"

I turned back to the other bands who stood there smiling at us, it wasn't much of competition more for fun. I started playing my guitar as people started walking in the drums and bass started kicking in, followed by the deep voice of Tyler. My smile grew as I saw Blair, Alex, Quade, Darren, Danny, Papa, Sam and Tom... I beat ya Blair told him, I ignored that and continued playing, going full out on the chorus.