Chapter 34 - Who killed her

He stared down at the floor and sighed, I looked back at my siblings and father but they didn't look at me, I looked at the girls and they shrugged I knew they didn't know about this but they weren't as surprised as me, I completely ignored Tom since I couldn't get over the fact that he used me.

"Grandpapa, what do you mean?"

I looked at grandmama and she nudged him in the side.

"Vincent, you don't say anything, Harvey needs to tell her"

She glared at papa and he sighed

"Grim, you know your mother is dead and that's it, she was the English mobster Keira turner and my true love"

He sat down and placed his hands on his knees, I sat on the other side of the room and refused to make eye contact with him.

"I don't want to hear the romance shit papa, make it quick and short"

He sighed and placed his head in his palms.

"Well, your uncle Aiden was the reason she got shot in the first place"

"What are you on about"

"He let Charles and Jenna into our home when you were 7 ½ months old, and she was shot in the back trying to save you"

"So, what you're saying is that it's my fault she's dead?"

"No..."

"But change of topic, I have to kill the man who trained me?!"

Tom caught my eyes and he looked shocked

"TRAINED YOU?! YOU'RE THE GRIM REAPER NO ONE IS STRONGER THAN YOU!"

"Yes, my uncle, the deadliest man alive, even worse than my grandfather responsible for over 50,000 deaths and only 46, never been married but does have kids, and believe me they suck"

He looked like he was about to faint, I looked at my grandfather and crossed my arms leaning into my hip

"You want me to kill him though, like why now?"

"Because his next target is you"

"pfft what do I have to do with this?"

My emotions left my body, and everything went numb, I knew what was going to happen, but I was going to deal with it

"Because you're next in line for the Italian English mafia"

Everyone stopped and I felt what was million of eyes stare me down, but I stood my ground, I placed my arms behind my back and stood like a soldier. The time past and I fell onto a chair, I looked up and everyone and bit my tongue until it bled, a deep red liquid dripped from my mouth and the taste of blood lingered in my mouth, my muscles relaxed and I rolled my shoulders back clicking my bones as it happened.

"I still don't get why I have to kill him... I mean I get that he killed mama but why do I have to kill him, why can't he kill me?"

"Miss Reaper, why do you want to die so badly!?"

I wiped the blood away from my lip and stood up, I nodded to everyone and walked to the stairs

"Because Thomas, it's better than living a worthless life where you get used only because of your title"

I walked off and let him process what I said, I entered my room it looked similar to my room at papa's but it was more fit to me, it had a photo wall of everyone I knew and cared for, it still had a walk-in wardrobe and an ensuite, it had a balcony outside. I looked at my bed and sighed, red and black pillows covered half of it and a red fluffy throw covered the other half, I walked into the ensuite, black tiles covered the wall, it was quite moderns but still rustic, my bathroom was red and black like everything else I own. I sighed and walked over to the bath, turning the hot water on and putting a plug in it to stop the water draining out, I watched as steam danced its way up and how it disappeared into the light, I witnessed the bubbles foaming up and some releasing due to pressure, I lifted up my shirt and looked at myself in the mirror, a few small tattoos hugged my skin, a small rose under my left breast, an anchor on the right side of my hip, I traced my body down to my right thigh which had three roses attached to the skin, I gazed down at my wrists and noticed a small planet on the inside of my left wrist and a dead smiley face on the other, I closed my left hand into a fist and raised the middle finger a bit until I saw an arrow on it, I looked over my shoulder and saw a heart beat tattoo clinging to my shoulder, I continued to strip and I walked over to the bathtub, I turned the water off and dipped my hand in, water enclosed around my hand and I smiled, the warmth became inviting as I lowered myself in it, the intoxicating smell from the scented soap stung my nostrils, I sank into the water until the bubbles reached my nose, I closed my eyes and thoughts ran through my mind as usual, hours past and the water became colder and colder, I rose from the water and wrapped a towel around my body, I walked back into my room letting the fluffy carpet cling to my feet, I got into my pjs which was just an oversized hoodie and shorts, and climbing into my bed, I looked to my right and smiled, I looked at the photo that sat on my bedside of me and my two brothers, all of us pulling faces at the camera, I turned to my side and closed my eyes slowly, not knowing that my dreams would take over.