Chapter 19 - Surprise part 2

The stadium filled with applause as we finished the song. 

"HELLO EVERYBODY, AND WELCOME TO THIS YEARS MUSIC COMPETITION. LET'S GIVE IT UP FOR OUR OPENING BAND CAPTIVITY, DRUMS WERE HARRY JENSEN, BASS PLAYED BY KYLEE MAY, LEAD VOCALS PERFORMED BY JASON TYLERS AND GUITAR ROCKED BY GRIM RILEY!"

I started laughing at the announcer and shouted

"OI ASH, HURRY THE HELL UP, WE DON'T NEED A STORY"

he turned to me and smiled.

"SHE HAS A POINT, NOW LET US GET THE RULES DOWN, RULE NO.1 PLAY FAIR, RULE NO.2 NO CHEATING AND RULE NO. 3 HAVE FUN! NOW LET'S GET ONTO IT, THE FIRST CATEGORY ISSSSS"

I turned to Jensen and nodded, he started with a drum roll and ash turned to us and laughed, it was followed by a nod.

"PUNK ROCK!"

Every band started cheering, We stood there as every band played, other bands played the beetles some went with nirvana. it was our turn now, I signalled to Jensen to start playing green day, the echoing banging of the drums drowned out the cheers of the audience, Kylee and I joined in strumming the cords to Know your enemy, Green day. then along came Tyler with his voice, the crowd started screaming, I swear I saw a few girls faint. One song after another, it was the finals now.

"WASN'T THAT AN EVENTFUL DAY! THE BANDS ARE GOING TO TAKE A QUICK BREAK AND WE WILL BE BACK SOON!" 

I walked off with the band and sat behind our stage I turned my head to Alex who had a huge smile on her face. 

"I haven't heard you play in ages! I missed this"

I pulled her in for a hug and sighed. 

"God I'm tired, I forgot how tiring performing is"

Tyler walked up to us since Kylee and Jensen went to get some snacks for us, he placed his arm around my shoulders. 

"Hey Al'"

"Heya Jason, nice singing"

"Thanks, since we're in the finals I thought about changing it up a little"

He caught my gaze and smiled evilly.

"Tyler no, I'm not singing"

"Shortcake why not!"

"I don't wanna sing in front of you know who"

"Riley, do you mean the guy you kept smiling at?"

"TYLER!"

"Yeah Jason, him... I think she might have a thing for him"

"Alex you were there on the day of my supposed wedding, so were you tyler, I made it very clear I wasn't ever going to date again"

"Riley please, it'll win us the competition"

"I'll think about it"

"I think that was a yes al"

"I agree jas, it was a clear yes"

"HEY, I NEVER SAID YES!"

"You just did shortcake"

"No, I didn't"

A few minutes passed and it was now time to go back on, I walked back over to my guitar and slung the strap around my shoulder, I walked over to the stage managers and asked if they could set a grand piano on an empty stage, I wandered back to the band and sighed. 

"WELCOME BACK ROCKERS, AND WELCOME TO THE FINALS. OUR TWO BANDS LEFT ARE REPULSE! AND EVERYONE'S FAVORITE AND THIRD TIME WINNER'S CAPTIVITY!"

I looked at Alex and glared at her, she smiled sweetly at me and cheered. 

"NOW LET'S GET ONTO IT, OUR BANDS CAN CHOOSE THE SONGS THEY WANT TO PLAY, BUT THEY CAN'T PLAY IT IF IT HAS ALREADY BEEN PERFORMED! LET'S START WITH CAPTIVITY!"

I sighed and turned up my guitar, and started playing Na Na Na by My Chemical Romance, the song ended quickly as our music was drowned out by the other band playing Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts, I let them play past the chorus and I sighed, I looked at Tyler and nodded, He passed me a mic and i heard gasps from every direction, I sighed and placed my hand on the stand and signalled at Kylee who pushed a button on her phone, the stadium went quiet as the music belted out of the speakers.