Chapter 10

Seulgi never thought, she will have the desire to capture Irene's heart.

For ten years, she always remembers her as an unrealistic and far away thing. Because of that she never thought that the sound of Irene’s “no love” will be this heartbreaking. From the beginning, when all started, didn't she determine that she didn't love her? Wasn't she very rational then? It's just that, when the heart just showed a true happiness, Seulgi was not prepared for the next pain to come right after. As if she’s dreaming, when hoping to blur the eyes for a moment like a mist, then it’s all clear when the sun of reality shines brightly.

Irene was tired of getting up the next morning. Her night sleep was extremely bad. She kept napping, then thoughtless. All she thought all night was Seulgi's lost eyes and her arms hanging. She knew, she didn't do anything wrong. However, the feeling of unease and guilt was like that, eating her alive. Irene didn't think there would be a day that she was afraid of being angry by Seulgi. Just that, she suddenly felt heartbroken every time she had to tell Seulgi that, all that was happening, it was just one-sided affection. Tell her not to bother you, it's a lie. However, Irene still can't win against her heart to frankly fall into Seulgi's love.

She lazily looked at herself in the mirror. Irene thought she was really old, just how could she not sleep for a night, dark circles in her eyes so clearly visible? She didn't know if this was part of a love affair. Why is all she can see now is Seulgi?

Today is Saturday, according to administrative law, she does not have to come to the office. Irene took a shower, then went to sit at the table, trying to concentrate on her work. However, every once in a while she looked at the phone again, see if there were any messages or calls from Seulgi. Irene really didn't know what she was expecting. What would she say if she actually called? Surely she wouldn't say she loved her. She will not say sorry. However, she did not want Seulgi to be hurt. She only knew she didn't want to. She was against her, was it pity or not? Would Seulgi think she was pitying her? And when she thinks like that, will she leave? Does Irene really want Seulgi to leave? She is not sure. However, she was still trying to convince herself that she needed Seulgi during the time when her case was in such a stalemate. Thanks to her, it has progressed a bit, after the party one time. It is, in addition to the case, is there any other reason for her to feel like Seulgi?

Irene angrily closed the file, she couldn't concentrate on anything other than Seulgi's gaze at this time. Irene's feeling now is really strange. For her lover, she had never bothered so much. Sometimes, Irene was really frightened by her own reaction when she was around Seulgi.

From the day she reappeared in her life, Irene has changed markedly, in a way that she did not desire, but could not resist but agreed.

Irene sighed, tired up. She decided to take a walk in the park to calm her mind. Under her apartment is a park where she often goes for a walk whenever she wants to think.

Irene slowly walked on the long road. Early sunshine, not burning but smooth. The sun in the distance in front of her turned golden, soft, smooth. The morning sun flows smoothly, making Irene feels like the skin has warm water flowing through her. She narrowed her eyes, saw that the sun slid slightly from the branches and sparkling beans on the leaves. The pure sun made the empty park seem to awaken a clear blue. But why can't the sun warm her mind? Sunlight, not dazzling, resembles Seulgi's sad smile. Irene bit her lip, blaming herself, she should have been thinking about another person, yet she was here thinking about Seulgi. To the eyes of sadness and rupture. Irene raised her face to catch the morning sun rays, stretching her chest to breathe fresh air. It is, she has no way to do it, it is impossible to dispel the insecurity in her heart.

Irene suddenly stopped. She stared intently at the phone that remained silent in her hand. Should she be the one to actively call Seulgi? She did not want to take the initiative, because in truth she was very afraid when she became embarrassed by Seulgi. She didn't feel safe when she couldn't control her emotions. And recently, Irene seems to lose a lot of autonomy when she's with Seulgi. However, she could not bear the feeling of unease and it tormented her at this time. Her gaze, she did not want to be the cause of the pain there. Irene took a deep breath, taking all her courage to press Seulgi's call key. The other end of the line sounded three ringing tones with a reply.