Chapter 17

Irene and Seulgi considered it and have stabilized for nearly a year together.

The distance between the two was pulled closer. Emotion is also developed. Irene was much more relaxed and natural when she was with Seulgi. Irene herself knew that she must have been shaken by her. Only she always insisted on denying her feelings for Seulgi when she still had too many doubts around her work.

The papers of the day Irene found in Kim Gia, due to the urgent time that the image was a bit blurry, could not prove anything. So it takes a lot of time to recover. While waiting for the restorer to work, Irene still day and day prayed that if it was really proof of SY's criminal behavior, Seulgi would not be involved. She had been with her for a while, Seulgi really wasn't like someone who could do such things.

Everything is a mean protein. It is, both as ordinary couples, of course inevitably quarrel. In the ninth month in this calm relationship, Irene and Seulgi argued a big match together.

Irene always thinks no matter what, Seulgi will yield to her. Because she was in front of her, she did not hide her misery for her love. Seulgi's kind of earnest and earnest personality somewhat makes Iren put herself in control of the relationship.

Their argument is still on Christmas day. Christmas Eve, Seulgi is busy having to go drinking with customers. Irene is perfectly fine with that. She is also an adult girl, but every occasion desires to keep her lover by her side. She even had a little time to spend alone to work. Irene spent the evening reviewing reports from her colleagues. It seems that their side also has a bit of progress when they have entered the double-circle investigation phase. That is, the objects that are not related to the case have been named.

She sat and examined the report without managing time. When the doorbell rang, Irene looked up at the clock. It was almost midnight, the person outside the door was only Seulgi and no one else. She sighed, sure she was drunk, and ran over here for what? Irene stood up and opened the door.

As expected, just as she thought, Seulgi's eyes filled with the usual mental state were obscured by a mist. However, Irene never saw Seulgi drink so badly that she was not as strong as she is now. Seulgi leaned against the wall, the alcohol emanating from her body obscuring the familiar perfume that Irene frowned.

"Why not come straight home but also come here?" She said, then dragged her into the house to make lemonade for Seulgi.

Irene is very unhappy about her attitude of not cooperating with her doctor. Seulgi's stomach disease is not mild. But she still didn't go to the doctor or take medicine. So did not rest, constantly working, constantly drinking. Seulgi's indifference to her own health made Irene angry. She had never been sympathetic to Yerim, but indeed Irene had sympathized with Yerim when she learned that Seulgi and Yerim had quarreled about this. Irene thinks, it's about time for her and Seulgi to quarrel about her health.

Hurriedly going into the kitchen, Irene silently cursed the damn Seulgi to make her worry while her work was not done yet. Irene is no less a workaholic than Seulgi. She absolutely did not want to worry about anything else when she was working. So, all the stress of the whole night suddenly gathered in one place, causing Irene to get annoyed. Going out with a glass of lemonade, she forcefully gave Seulgi, who was sitting quietly on the sofa, forced her to drink before she left. Another thing that makes Irene angry is that Seulgi is in a drunken state like this while deliberately driving. She knew that, every time she went to her house at night, Seulgi would not call the driver herself.

"Have a quick drink and then go to the motel." Irene knows that it doesn't work now to say anything to Seulgi. It seemed that it was done, unexpectedly contrary to Irene’s attitude, Seulgi smiled. She pulled out a small box from her pocket and handed it to Irene.