Chapter 22

In the short days in Daegu, Seulgi really felt that Irene had feelings for her. She was not dreaming, wanting to be hugged by her and to sink in her care. After many years of interaction, Seulgi finally got a bit of confidence to hold Irene’s hand on the crowded street. Daegu city is near the sea so when night falls, the cold wind rises. Seulgi rubbed her hands together, then put them to Irene’s cheek. Her small face was like a small cat in Seulgi's palm.

The two kept holding hands along the wind on the small street. Irene lowered her head to look at the ten fingers that were tightly together, her heart suddenly beating fast. It had been a long time since she had sensed this feeling of protection, how strange it was when the person who brought it back was the one who would likely become her rival. In the past few days, Irene suddenly realized that she didn't want to go back to Seoul a little more. She really just wanted to stop here, at this Daegu shelter. In order to build a real relationship with Seulgi. How miserable, only when she truly accepted her feelings did she face this difficulty. Irene thought from the beginning that a person who always put the rules on her like she wouldn't be able to vibrate in front of a suspect. Perhaps, she underestimated the so-called sincere sentiment that would shake people's hearts. Irene realized that she became more and more attached to Seulgi. Many days, Irene did not stop herself from thinking about the future with Seulgi. She seemed to have forgotten about her identity, Seulgi's, instead she immersed in the romance that began with lies.

Since realizing that she have gradually become in love with Seulgi, Irene always had a feeling that she was taking on the title of justice that hurt Seulgi. Even if she wasn't involved in the deal, it was hard to hide Seulgi the truth, the reason she approached her. What if she was really involved? What will she do? How could she still believe anything? Whenever she is with Seulgi, Irene sneakily lets herself hide in her hug. She had allowed herself to blend into her sweet kiss.

There was a thing in Irene’s heart that could only be thought of but not touched. There are complex feelings of her who love but cannot recognize the main purpose. She also discovered that her body had been fiercely energetic for Seulgi's touch, but Irene’s mind couldn't respond. That feeling, Irene kept it for herself. Irene became more selfish and dictatorial. She didn't want to share Seulgi with Yerim. She was uncomfortable and jealous whenever Yerim called Seulgi. However, at the same time, Irene didn't want to let others know that there was such a bitter feeling in her, especially Seulgi.

Waking up every morning and seeing Seulgi's sleeping face are peace to her side. Her scent and warmth distracted her from everything.

For the first time, Irene wished she could become a girl with a normal job. She could be a chef, or open a jewelry shop. Any profession, not a police. She did not want to continue to face this torment and fatigue. But she was not brave enough to know the truth. If anything, everything Seulgi had for her was a lie. What if, Seulgi is actually a very crafty and evil person? What if she was a cruel criminal covered with a perfect mask? If so, how would she react? Irene really doesn't know either.

Every day passes, living in Seulgi's love, Irene always wonders. Was she wrong when she didn't know what she was thinking, did she go the right way? If she now said that she loved Seulgi, her heart would be heavy with the guilt of sin. However, she said she did not love to deceive herself blatantly.

Embarking on the scene, Irene trained herself to hide her emotions. However, recently, she had a feeling that Seulgi had noticed.

She realized that she felt guilty and wrong when she loved. Having been together for a long time, Irene also talked freely with Seulgi. She even trusted Seulgi to tell her about her feelings. In the past, every time Seulgi talked, she would only contribute a few words. However, since when Irene realized, she have feelings for her ideals and with the deepness of Seulgi.