Chapter 5: Dude, you got old!

After my dad and Nat's funeral things seemed to change. I was helping about in the labs, Uncle Bruce...The Hulk keeping an eye on me. I trained a little with Wanda and spent time with mum, Morgan and Pete, who wouldn't leave my side...ever.

"Pete, I'm fine, OK. I got most of it off my chest at the funeral and while I still hurt, and I miss them both like crazy. I just want to focus on working and keeping my mum and Morgan happy and healthy." I explained to Pete as he was once again hovering over me while I cooked breakfast for Morgan, as mum as still a little messed up with emotions.

"I know, but you haven't been home yet, I think you're putting it all off because..."

"Because my two best friends in the whole damn world are dead. I'm never going to see them again. Both of them sacrificing themselves to save us and bring us back, so I'm going to stay here, taking care of my mum and sister until they are back on their feet. I'm going to work at keep my dads legacy alive with SI and I am going to make sure I live the life my dad and Aunt gave their lives for. So if you want to stay here, then I'm fine with it or if you want to go home to May then I'll be OK.

I love you for keeping me sane and I'm thankful for everything you've done to help. But please, quit bugging me about going back to Queens, to an empty apartment when everything will remind me of my dead aunt."

"You're right, I'm sorry." Pete huffed as he wrapped his arms around my waist and rest his head on my shoulder. "I'll head home to see May for a couple days, then I'll come back at weekend." He informed me.

"You're staying for breakfast though, right?" I head my sister ask as she came sprinting over to the counter.

"What? And miss my Evie's famous chocolate chip pancakes...you must me kidding!" Pete joked as he moved from behind me and wondered over to sit by Morgan.

"Kiddo, can you go call the three musketeers in for food." I instructed as I pulled out 7 plated and began dishing out. Morgan nodded and ran out, screaming for the three men who have been camping outside the cabin since we got back.

I placed a plate infront of Pete and where Morgan was sat and I picked up a plate and took it up to mums room. I knocked quietly, opened the door and entered.

"Hey mum. I've brought you breakfast." I spoke quietly. I placed the plate down on the bedside table and left, leaving her to herself.

When I reached the kitchen once again I saw Steve, Bucky and Sam all sat talking to Pete and eating food.

"Morning." I greeted, getting a mess of "hello" and "good mornings" in reply.

"So what have you three planed for today?" I asked as I began eating.

"I'm taking the infinity stones back later, so we gonna head out later." Steve informed me.

"Ohh sounds exciting, can I joined?" I asked and all three men nodded. "Cool I'll gave Happy a call, see if he can watch Morgan for a while."

********

We stood in a small clearing, Uncle Bruce had set everything us for Steve to head off into the past. 

I stood by Bucky as Bruce placed a brief case on a small table. He opened it up to show Steve the stones while he instructed him what to do. 

"Remember, you have to return the stones to the exact moment you got them or you're gonna open up a bunch of nasty alternative realities." I heard his say.

"Don't worry, Bruce..." Steve told him as he closed the case back up. "I'll clip all the branches."

"You know I tried." Bruce suddenly got quiet, almost too quiet for me to hear, and looked down at the case, now in Steve's hands.