Chapter 24: MJ's Dream Dinner Date

"So, mum and I will meet you at the restaurant at 6, so come dressed to impress and don't forget you notes and recording devices." I reminded MJ as we walked out of our last class of the day.

Tonight MJ was going to be having dinner with my mum to interview her for the school news paper. This had been something MJ had always wanted to do,  meet my mum and ask her a million questions about how my mum got to where she was today, the CEO of the biggest company in the world.

"Thank you, so much for this Evie, I owe you so much." She squealed as she hugged me tight.

"It's no problem."

"I owe you so much Evie." She gushed, walking me to my car.

"You owe me nothing, you are my best friend MJ, I will do anything I can to help you achieve your dreams." I smiled at her.

"Well, still, thank you my wonderful wife." She grinned pulling me in for one last hug before releasing me and I climbed into my car.

"You know everytime she calls you her wife, I get a little jealous." Peter, who had already been waiting in the car, chuckled as I buckled up.

"Oh calm down baby, I'm all yours, see..." I smiled holding up my hand that held the ring he had given me in london, "I have a ring to prove it." I smiled, bounding my eye brows up and down.

"Yeah, you do." He grinned wide leaning forward and kissed my forehead.

The car began moving and I sat quietly, my hand in Peter's, as we watched the city go by.

"So, are you coming over tonight?" I asked Peter who shrugged.

"I can do if you want But I thought you were having dinner with your mum and MJ?"

"I do, but I think I'm just gonna leave the two to it. This is MJ's biggest idol, its MJ's dream dinner date. She looks up to my mum, I think she'd do better if I was gone." I smiled at her.

"OK, so what time should I come over?" He asked.

"Well, I'm gonna meet them at the restaurant at 6 so maybe we can meet up there at around 6:15-ish, take a walk though the city?" I offered.

"Sounds good, we could grab dinner while we're out?"

"Definitely."

By now the car had pulled up to the apartment and Pete and I climbed out of the car. I grabbed my bag and the Pete's hand as we walked up the stairs in silence. I left a small kiss on Peter's lips as we said our goodbyes and I walked into my apartment. Walking around I saw a note on the table.

'Hey Little Sis,
Had to run to leave for a thing, I'll be home tomorrow evening.
These money on the counter for dinner.
Love you
Big sis xx'

I grabbed the $20 off the counter and ran up stairs. It was 3:30 so I decided to go into the workout room for an hour before getting ready for my date.

I worked out for a while, working my programme over and over until 4:30 when I jumped into the shower.

I did my hair and make up before wondering around my bedroom, searching for an outfit.

I settled on an off the red dress and blue shoes MJ had gifted me for my date with Peter in London. I grabbed a blue clutch to match my shoes and added my usual jewellery.

"Boss, it's time to leave, the car is downstairs waiting and Mrs. Stark is on her way to the restaurant." F.R.I.D.A.Y informed me. I thanked her and walked down stairs and out of the apartment building to the car waiting.

The drive was quick and as the car pulled up outside the chosen restaurant I spotted MJ stood there, waiting.

"Wifey." I called as I climbed out of the car. MJ turned and spotted me, smiling.

"Hi." She greeted once she reached me.

"Come on, let's get you in side, my mum should be here already." I smiled. MJ and I walked in to find the hostess stood by her podium.

"Hi, I'm here..." I began but the girl rose an eye brow at me, then looked at MJ.

"I'm sorry, but we don't serve minors here, not with out an adult." She smiled almost too cheerfully as she looked me up and down.

I could see the look of judgement in her eyes. She gave me a smug smiled as I nodded thoughtfully.

"I'm Evelyn Stark, I'm here to meet my mother." The girl straightened up once hearing my name and nodded quickly.

"Of course miss Stark, I'm sorry, please follow me." She stuttered as she turned and led MJ and I into the restaurant and over to a table where my mum sat.

"Mum, hi." I called over once we were close enough for her to hear. She looked up and smiled as she stood up.

"Hi guys." She hugged us both and MJ sat down.

"You look a little dressed up for dinner." My mum noticed as I sat down.

"Well, actually, I'm not staying. You don't need me hanging around feeling awkward while you do your interview." I shrugged.

"You don't have to do that." MJ offered but I just waved her off.

"It's fine, besides, I have a date."

"Oh, I see." My mum chuckled.

"Speaking of which...I better go." I smiled looking at my phone to see it was 6:14 "Good luck, have fun, see you later, love you." I called as I stood up and walked away.

Outside the restaurant I waited, looking around for my boyfriend. When I felt a presence next to me I turned to see Peter smiled.

"Well, hey pretty lady." He grinned as he lent down and kissed my cheek.

"Well, hello hot stuff." I chuckled back.

"You ready to go to dinner?"

"Ofcourse." I smiled. "Where we off to?"

"You'll see." He winked before he lead me to a near by ally and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Hold tight."

Peter shot a web into the sky and the next thing I know, we were swinging over the city, the world oblivious to the two young adults above them as they continued their nightly activities.

Pretty soon Pete landed onto of a building over looking Brooklyn bridge and the lights of New York shining bright. On top of the roof sat a picnic blanket, fairy lights and candles were scattered around lighting up the food and drink that was set up.

"You know, I really love it when you plan last minute roof top dates, they are always so romantic." I grinned as Peter led me over and sat us both on the blanket.

"It's my favourite spot. We get to enjoy the quietness of getting away from city life, without leaving the city...and we can make out without anyone catching us." He winked.

"Which is always a good idea." I laughed.