Chapter 23: 'What did you guys do?'

"Come on Evie, we're gonna be late." My mum called as I rushed around the bedroom.

"Just getting changed!"I yelled.

I pulled on an old black sabbath top, a pair of skinny jeans and a pair of Black high top Van's.

I pulled on my NYC necklace, my ring from Peter and a pair of earrings.

As I picked up my leather jacket I heard my phone ring, I picked it up to see Uncle Clint was calling me.

"Katniss!" I called into the phone as I answered it.

"Peanut!" He yelled.

"What's up old man?" I asked, pulling my jacket on.

"I was wondering if you and the kid wanted to come by for dinner tonight?" He asked.

"Sure, what's the occasion?" I wondered.

"What, can't a man ask his niece and her boyfriend for dinner?"

"A man can...but you've no man." I joked.

"Wow, rude, you know what, forget it, I retract my invitation." He huffed.

"No, I'm sorry, you are a man, the best man in my life, after my dad of course."

"OK kid, I accept your apology."

"We'll be there after school."

"See you later Peanut."

"Bye Katniss." I hung up and ran downstairs where my mum, May and Pete sat.

"Ok, let's go." I smiled as they all noticed my presence. "Oh, Katniss called, he invited Pete and I for dinner after school."

"Cool, sounds good." Peter smiled as everyone stood up and we all made our way out of the apartment.

As we sat in the car, I let the quietness wash over me as I thought about why we where being calling into the principal's office.

My mum had been trying to work out a way for me to take over SI after my birthday and still be able to graduate high school.

Last night she told me we all had to go for a meeting with the principal this morning so, that was what we were doing.

Once we arrived a school, we went straight to the principal's office and sat waiting for him to arrive.

"Hello, sorry for the wait." My principle told us as he entered the office.

"It's OK," my mum smiled.

"So, let's get down to business, we've taken a look at your records and by the looks of things, by the end of the year, you will have enough credits to graduate a year early."

"Wait what?" I asked, a little shocked.

"Yes, being the smart, intelligent young minds you are, we would have offered you early graduation sooner, how ever we felt finishing school on time would help you become set for work. Since you are both set for work after school is over, we can offer you graduation.

"Wow, OK, so what do we do?" Mum asked.

We spent a couple of hours talking with the principal before Pete and I headed to class to finish the day before heading to the Barton Farm

*At Clint's Farm*

"EVELYN GRACE STARK!" I heard my uncle shout and I looked up at the Clintlets who's eyes widened in fear.

"RUN FOR IT!" I yelled to my 'cousins' who each screeched and we ran.

I spotted Peter standing in the middle of the dining room, talking to laura, so I ran over and grabbed onto him, hiding behind him. The three clintlets running behind Laura.

"Why are you hiding behind me?" Peter chuckled as I held his waist and hid quietly.

"He used your full name...What did you guys do?" Laura chuckled as she stood some what protectively in front of her kids.

Just then Uncle Clint came running in from out side...covered in bright pink powder paint.

"Someone explain...right now!" Laura called out, trying her best not to laugh.

"Well..."

"It was all Evie's Idea!" The three Barton children rated on me and I peeked out from behind Peter to send them a glare.

"Snitches!" I whispered.

"OK, Clint, what the hell happened?" Laura asked as Clint sent me a glare at me.

"Somebody handed me a sweet gift this morning when she arrived. A set of new arrow tips. I figured while everyone was busy I'd try them out."

"In my defence, I didn't think you'd use them until I left." I shrugged, moving out from behind my boyfriend.

"I just have one question." Laura asked. "Why Pink?"

"Had to spread the news some how, figure this would be a good way." I shrugged.

"What news?" Clint asked as he began brushing the Paint Powder off of himself.

"I'm pregnant, it's a girl." I grinned.

"WHAT!!!!" Peter, Clint and Laura yelled.

I looked at my shocked family and bust out laughing. I laughed so hard my abs hurt and I nearly fell to the floor.

"This isn't funny young lady!" My uncle yelled, as I laughed harder.

"Evie, baby please tell him you're kidding, you're kidding right?" Peter stuttered, his eyes not leaving Clint who stairred him down.

"Of course I'm kidding." I laughed, finally able to catch my breath. "I just wanted to see the look on your faces."

"Well, don't do that, I nearly had a freaking heart attack." My uncle huffed.

"What, it was funny." I shrugged.

"OK, Clint go shower, everyone else, let's get set up for dinner." Laura chuckled. Clint wandered off muttering something about me being to young to be pregnant.

"That was fun." I chuckled as Peter turned around to look at me.

"Don't do that again." He scolded, but there was a hint of a smile on his lips.

"Do what?" I asked innocently, wrapping my arms around his neck, looking up at him, smiling.

"You know what." He chuckled, wrapping around my waist, placing his hands on my butt.

"Yeah, sorry, I just like getting Clint riled up." I grinned. He chuckled and shook his head, leaning down and kissing my nose.

"Well, how about you find other ways to torture my husband." Laura called as she walked past us, chuckling.

"OK, fine, I will." I grinned, turning back to face her.

"Good, because the next time you announce your pregnant...there better be a baby us in there." Peter smiled as he removed one hand and poked my stomach gently with one finger.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." He smiled as he wrapped his arm around my waist once again and pulled me closer, placing a kiss upon my lips.

"Well, that better not be for a long time." Laura called out making Pete and i pull apart, laughing.

"It won't be." He smiled.