Chapter 12: 6 Months Later

"WANDA HAVE YOU SEEN MY...NEVER MIND!" I yelled as I grabbed my jacket, completing my look of a loose fitted ACDC top, skinny jeans and a pair of wedged converse.

I quickly ran a brush though my hair then ran down stairs to join Wanda.

"What's got you in a tizz?" Wanda asked as I rushed passed her and filled my travel mug with coffee and grabbed my usual bagel breakfast. 

"Pete and I are off to SI to do some work, Pep asked me to lead a tour first thing so I can't be late and Pete is working with uncle Bruce, who you know likes to be punctual at all times." 

"Sounds great, just don't forget we are having dinner to with...well with our family." She reminded me as I finished of my bagel.

"I have a change of clothes in my bag, I'll go straight from SI." I informed her as I rushed over, kissed her cheek. 

"I gotta scram, see you later sis!" I called as I rushed out of the apartment and straight next door. I knocked and waited straightening my outfit. 

"Hey, Evie." May smiled as she opened the door and moved aside so I could enter. 

"Morning May." I grinned at her. "Pete, you ready?" 

"Yeah, coming." Peter yelled as he came rushing into the room, pulling his jacket on and grabbing his back pack. 

"See ya May." He spoke as he passed his aunt, kissing her cheek quickly. 

"Don't forget to pick up your passports." 

"We won't" I reassured her. 

"And remember we're having..."

"Dinner tonight with Pepper, Morgan, Clint and Wanda. I know, I have some clothes in my bag, as soon as I get the SI, I will put them out so they don't get creased." Pete interrupted coursing May to smile.

"OK, OK, go, I can see you're eager to hit the labs so I'll see you later."

"Bye May." I waved before I followed Pete out of the apartment. Entwining our hands, Pete pulled be down tho the front of the building where Happy, waited by the car.

"8am...you told me 8am Evie, not 8:30 he huffed as he pushed himself off of the car and shot me a pissed of look.

"Sorry hap, had a rough night's sleep...bed dream." I smiled sadly as I stopped infront of him.

"Again?" He asked concerned "the same one?"

"Always the same...Dad and Nat are stuck in the darkness, calling my name and I just can't reach them. I almost touch dads hand and then boom, they're gone and all that's left is my dads empty suit and Nat's weapons are lying on the floor. And then I wake up."

I looked at Peter and Happy who watched me with sadness in their eyes and I shrugged it off.

"I'm sorry kid, you want me to book you an appointment with a shrink?" Happy offered as we all walked around the car and climbed in.

"I...not yet, maybe this trip to Europe will help take some of my baggage away." I hoped.

"Maybe a trip away from the city is what's needed." He agreed as he started the engine and set off.

"So, where too?" He asked as he drove away from our street.

"We have to pick up the passports then to the lab." Peter spoke up and Happy nodded.

It wasn't long until Happy pulled up outside the building we were to collect our passports from and after waiting in a long line we finally had them and returned back to Happy who was on his phone.
"... OK... yeah... I'll let him know... Thanks Hill." He ended the call and put his phone away.

"Parker, you got a job, downtown, ware house robbery." Happy informed my boyfriend who nodded, handed me his bag and kissed me quickly before rushing off to a near by ally way.

"You wanna take lead?"Happy offered as he pulled out the laptop from the front seat of the car and I nodded. "Jump in the front, you know what to do." He chuckled.

I sat up front, buckled myself in and opened the laptop to see two red dots, 1 was moving rather quickly towards the other. That one was Peter.

"Hap, where 'm I heading?" I heard my boyfriend call I to the ear pieces as I slipped it in.

"Take your next left." I instructed him and he chuckled.

"Hap, you know you sound alot like my girlfriend." He joked.

"Stay focused Pete." I ordered, but I knew he could hear my joking tone.

"Yes ma'am."

I watched as a third red dot appeared on the screen and I turned to Happy.

"Does Pete have help on the way?" I asked concerned but Happy only shook his head.

"Pete, you got a bogie coming in fast to your right." I told him.

"Where?" He asked and I can hear his mood had shifted.

"100ft...50ft...20ft..."

"I see it...it's...Captain Marvel?" I heard him ask. There was a sound of static in my ear peace then I heard her voice.

"Hey Peter Parker."

"Carol Danvers?" I asked confused.

"Evie Stark?" I heard her asked, but she didn't sound confused.

"What's going on?" Peter asked as the two headed towards their target.

"I'm in town on business, figured I'd lend a hand." I heard her explain.

"Take the next left." I instructed. "What kind of business?" I wondered. By now Happy was nearing SI and Pete and Carol where almost the there target.

"You'll find out later right now though we're here." She informed me and I let it go.

It went quiet, the two only talking to each other and the sound of men groaning as they are being hit.

I let my mind wonder for a while, just thinking.

"What's on your mind kid?" Happy asked, pulling me from my thoughts. Think about my dad and how this was a usual thing for us.

"The last time I was 'The girl in the chair' was for my dad, just before I started at Midtown Tech." I told him and he smiled sadly.

"He hated having anybody else in the chair." Happy chuckled.

"We're all done here, I'm heading to SI now." Peter informed us, then the line went quiet and I shut everything off.

"You did great kid." Happy complimented. "What time do you want picking up?"

"We are having dinner at 7 so..."

"I'll be back here for 6:15 so be ready."

"You got it. Bye Hap." I waved as I rushed off out of the car and into SI.