Chapter 6: Back To Normal...-ish

It had been a few weeks now since Steve...well since he grew old. Which means it had been a couple months since the funeral and things were slowly starting to feel...less sucky.

Mum was still locked up in her room and Morgan and I had gotten into a routine so when TRACY woke me up at around 7am this morning, I jumped in the shower and changed into a pair of washed out Jean's, my dads old Black sabbath t-shirt and on of Peter's old flannels.

As I stepped down stairs I noticed mum sat on the couch, looking almost like a zombie.

"Oh my...it's Alive!!" I called out as I walked passed her. My mum looked over at me and raised her eyebrows at me.

"Sorry...wrong choice of words." I smiled shyly.

"Don't worry about it kiddo." She smiled. I wondered over to the kitchen, mum following behind me.

"What are you doing?" She asked as I began looking through the cupboards, pulling out pans and ingredients for breakfast.

"Making breakfast." I shrugged as I began preparing. "You want?" I asked and Mum nodded sitting at the counter, on a stool.

I cooked the pancakes, bacon and made a pot of coffee. Morgan wondered downstairs while I cooked.

"Wow, you're up?" Morgan called as she ran over to mum and hugged her tight.

"Yeah. I thought it was time to get back to life." Mum smiled down at her as she hugged Morgan back.

I smiled at the two as I pulled out five plates and plated the food up.

"5?" Mum asked as I placed five plates on the kitchen table.

"Yeah, 5." I smiled and turned to Morgan gesturing to the door. She ran over and yelled "FOOD!!!" Then wondered back and sat by mum. A couple minutes later Sam and Bucky came running in.

"Ladies." Bucky greeted as I handed him his plate.

"Starks." Sam smiled too.

"You guys are still here?" Mum asked as she began looking into her food, seeming to enjoy it.

"Yeah, but since things have seemed to fallen back to a calm pace, we're heading back to the Avengers Compound later today, Wanda is moving out of the compounded we've offered to help her pack and move her stuff.." Sam explained.

"Ohh, where's she moving to?" I asked but both men shrugged and shocked food into her mouth.

"She said she has two places, one is a back up for the first that she is hoping works out." Bucky explained. "Said she'll let us know by tonight when and where she's going to."

"Sounds good. I hope it works out for her." I smiled taking a sip of my coffee.

The rest of the day went by pretty quickly. It was a typical Friday for Morgan and I. I took Morgan to school, well Happy took us both, I then went to work at SI until 3 when I picked up Morgan and went home where mum and May were in the living room.

"Hey guys." I greeted as I placing my work on the table and taking my coat off.

"Evie, honey." May grinned as she stood up and pulled me into a hug. "It's been a while." She smiled softly as me.

"It has, I'm sorry, I have been busy with stuff at Stark Industries and then I was needed at home." I explained as I followed her to the sofa. I kissed the top of mums head and sat down on the sofa. We talked for a while, the three of us until May told us she had to head home and sort out dinner of herself and Peter.

"Tell Pete, I'll call him tonight." I asked her as I hugged her and she nodded while I followed her towards the door.

"Of course, I'll see you all again soon." May waved to mum and I before she left.