Chapter 25: Happy Birthday Evie!

Waking up on my birthday this wasn't as exciting as I had thought it would be, but the first thing I thought about was my annual birthday breakfast with dad, and then I felt deflated and upset.

I trudged out of bed, pulled on a pair of Jean's and pulled on one of dads old shirts, wanting to feel him close again. I then began the journey down stairs.

"SURPRISE!"

I jumped almost 50 feet in the air startled.

I then noticed the scene in front of me. The whole room was filled with red and gold balloons, streamers hung from the ceiling and not to mention the people all stood in my living room.

There was:
Mum,
Morgan,
May,
Peter,
Clint,
Laura,
The clintlets,
Wanda,
Bucky,
Sam,
MJ,
Ned
And Happy

"Wha...what's going on?" I asked confused.

"It's your birthday, so we wanted to surprise you." My mum smiled.

"Well, colour me surprised." I smiled. It was then I noticed the large table and vast amounts of food thatbdat upon it.

"What's all this?" I asked walking over to see stacks upon stacks of pancakes, various fruits and milkshakes.

"We kinda figured, since your dad isn't here, you'd be down about the special birthday breakfast. So we all gathered together to keep the tradition alive." Pete smiled as he walked over and held me tight.

"Well, thank you, all of you. I'm really thankful for you all. I woke up this morning, I was super excited to see dad and tell him about everything that happened over our pancakes, but then I remembered that wasn't gonna happen because he was gone." I explained, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"Come on honey, let's get you something to eat." My mum smiled sadly as she walked over and took me in her arms, guiding towards the table.

We sat eating, everyone chatting about god knows what, Pete, MJ and Ned were talking about our early graduation coming up.

Mum, May, Laura and Wanda were talking about...well more like planning, Pete and I's wedding, I had to remind them that we weren't actually engaged.

"Yeah, but let's be honest, we all see it come, might as well get a head start on planning." My mum shrugged.

"Wow, just, wow." Peter replied.

"Soooo, who's the bestman?" MJ asked, obviously messing with us.

"Ned." Peter answered, Ned forged shock and the smiled proudly.

"Damn straight." He cheered.

"We're really gonna sit here, on my birthday and plan our wedding?" I asked but was ignored.

"Who's the bridesmaids?" Wanda wondered.

"Oh, fuck it." I mumbled before answering. "Wanda, Morgan and lila. MJ would be my maid of honour."

"Wait, really?" MJ asked shocked.

"What, like I'm gonna get married without my wife up there with me." I grinned.

The conversation turned to colour schemes, guest lists and the wedding breakfast. Then Wanda decided to change the subject entirely.

"OK, now present time!" She gushed excitedly as she stood up, walked around the table and grabbed my hand, pulling me over to the sofa by the giant pile gifts.

"Well, OK then." I chuckled as I was pushed on to the sofa, everyone came over and sat around me.

"Mine first!" Morgan called as she grabbed a small wrapped gift and handed it to me. I thanked her and opened it to find a small picture frame of her and I smiling at the camera. The frame had been decorated with glitter and sparkles.