49

Jimin was here, sitting on a stool by my bed. His eyes were looking away but my eyes. He purposely avoided my gaze. He had that urge to hide how red swollen his eyes became, how wet his face due to the tears streamed on his face and his lips were quiver as he wanted to hold the tear inside from coming out for numerous time alreary for now. His flush red face was gradually faded.

My parents said he could not stop crying since the moment he sent me to the hospital. He was trying to not show the people his emotion but when there was a time he was alone, he would bawl his eyes out. I knew it since he was spending his time mostly took care of me in the ward. I heard he was crying in the bathroom while taking shower. Not forgetting to when he caressed my hair that he thought I was sleeping but I didn't. I was still awake in spite I closed my eyes.

A faint smile sketched on my lips before I reached out my hand to hold his face. The wet substance that over lapping his skin could feel against my palm. Jimin flinched by the sudden touch. His eyes immediately closed and tear cascaded on his cheeks. The tear dripped from his chin to his shirt, soaking it little by little.

I didn't like this view. He was crying before my eyes. He was breaking down and the reason behind of the precious tear was me. If he could be this vulnerable right now which he knew nothing about the truth yet, imagine if he finally found out about it.

He soft cries was turning to a bit louder. His body started bouncing. His hand had clutched mine that held against his face. He slowly snuggled his wet face against my palm. The way he groped my hand in his, I didn't think he want to let it go.

I could not utter a word seeing him like this. All the words that I tried to make up a perfect sentence already vanished from my mind like 'poow' in a dust. Nevertheless, I knew I need to come out with something. If none of us opened our mouth to let out a single word, this misery phase would not last. I opened my mouth to speak but closed it back automatically as I felt the tear built in my eyes. I could not cry in this moment. I need to stay steady and unaffected by this.

Jimin ised to be my spine cord and now it my turn to be his.

"I am not dead yet. I am still breathing. I just laid on this bed with the needle attach with my skin. That's happening all the time to a patient. Isn't it?" I tried to lift up mood by joking tone and it turned out nothing. Partially nothing when he was finally opened his eyes to look at me. Just no word left his mouth yet. But it already enough for me. He finally had his eyes on me even it was glassy that hide the emotion behind it.

"Oppa-"

"D-don't leave me." He stuttered. "I know I am a bad brother. I cannot keep my words sooner and I keep my sister waiting and ignoring you. I disappointed you. Breaking you without I realised. I know how much I meant to you but I still choose my work over you-"

"Stop this bullshitting." I said, surprisingly it just blurted out from my lips. I didn't know how it sound to Jimin either it sounded harsh or just a joke. But his widened eyes told me it might be harsh to his ears.I knew it was too late to take the words back thus, I pursed my lips and intertwined our fingers together.

"Stop this nonsence oppa. Quit saying you're a bad brother. Quit saying you make me disappointed. Quit saying you break me. Quit saying all of the bullshit. Oppa, being honest, yes I was sad back the moment you ignore me. The moment you could not keep your words to go home but it was not your fault. Not a single one. You ignore me is not you really want, it just your work is going like that. You're an idol, world wode artist which obviously, it has a pack schedule. It's not your fault of at all. Okay? And you just wanted to put me out of danger. I, myself will going to say this is my fault since I am being selfish just think about myself. I shall just wait for you and understand you more so thing like this misunderstanding would not happen. Oppa, don't blame yourself. Okay?