Chapter Seven

I don't stop when I exit the house.

I run further down the lawn, my eyes blurry with tears. I move through the darkness, the voices yelling to me in the background.

She sent that video to everyone.

Now everyone is probably laughing at what an idiot I am.

They're all probably sharing it with their friends.

And I feel as idiotic as I looked.

And it's all Shelby's fault.

Honestly, why would she do that? I thought the guys said she wasn't to be worried about. I guess she wouldn't ever touch a hair on their perfect heads with their rich family. She wouldn't mess with them. Me on the other hand, she wants to ruin my life. Her first step in that was a success.

There's a park only a short way down the road from Drew's house. I turn into it, now slowing down. Nobody seems to be out here this late. I wipe my eyes on my sleeves, stepping over to a tree near the back fence.

I sit down, bringing my knees up to my chest, and I bury my face in them.

I picture the video again and again in my mind. I picture the reactions of everyone that has seen it. More tears come faster and faster.

The few people that used to say three words to me aren't even going to want to be seen within ten feet of me anymore.

And I still can't believe Shelby did this to me.

"Lili!"

I don't lift my head. I stay put, not wanting to be seen in this state. Then again, I looked pretty horrible in that video.

"Lili, where are you?" The voice is Drew's.

He's going to laugh and tell me I'm a loser.

He's going to tell me I can't hang out with them.

He's never going to look at me the same again.

"Lili, come on! Where are you?" He yells, not too far from here.

My teachers may even be watching that video right now. Caleb's probably really enjoying that video right now, since he hates my guts. I feel the most embarrassed I ever have. I feel like crap.

My face is probably an ugly blotchy red color right now because of my tears, but they won't stop. My mascara is probably halfway down my face, just adding to the great look.

"There you are," Drew's voice draws nearer.

I barely lift my head from my arms and see him walking up the hill towards me. He looks sad. He looks even angry.

He sits beside me and rests his back against the tree trunk. He puts his arm around me and holds me close. I put my face in his sweatshirt and more stupid tears come out.

"Hey," he says quietly. "It's okay."

I shake my head. He doesn't understand. Hardly anyone likes me as it is. Now nobody will, none.

"Shelby's a freaking idiot," he says taking a deep breath. I can tell he's having a hard time controlling his anger towards the subject.

"I'm a freaking idiot," I whisper, barely audible. "You saw the video."

"Lili," he sighs. "I don't care. I don't care if everyone in the world told me to hate you because you're ugly trash. I don't care if you wear a trash sack as a dress. I don't care if you wore your hair like that everyday. You're still the most amazing person I've ever known," Drew says, lifting my chin and looking into my eyes. "I absolutely want you to sing to me everyday, though. You have a beautiful voice."