5.

A few hours had gone by where Taehyung had been alone with his thoughts, feeling trapped in what felt like a prison cell as he huddled in the corner on the bed, his back to the wall as he leaned his head against the cool paint.

His tears were long dried and gone and all that was left was silence and emptiness, wanting to feel as small as possible as he was curled in a ball until he could hopefully just disappear from existence.

Suddenly the door beeped open, but he didn't react, his eyes staying trained on the floor but he knew who it was.

"We've decided to try something new" Doctor Lee spoke, Taehyung finally looking at him.
"Some of the doctors wanted to try something on you that I thought was far too extreme" He told Taehyung who's brows furrowed together.
"What was it?" He asked but the doctor shook his head.
"I'd rather you not know at this stage, especially if worst comes to worst and we have to turn to that, but I promise I will not put you through it unless we are out of all options" The doctor told him and Taehyung was worried as to what it was, the possibilities running through his head.

"So, one of the things you struggle with is socialising, you accuse your peers of hating you" He spoke but Taehyung scoffed
"Accuse? They do" He insisted
"I don't" A voice was heard before Hoseok walked into the room, Taehyung surprised by his presence.

"We're going to try you socialising with some of your peers in private" The doctor told him as he gestured for Hoseok to step in the room more.
"I'll leave you two for a while" He told them before he left the room, locking it behind him.

Instantly Hoseok looked around the place, noticing how bare it was and the white walls and metal bars for windows just seemed so daunting and trap like.

"So you've been living in a prison for the past few weeks" he remarked as a light hearted comment, but Taehyung nodded his head seriously.
"How have you lived here?" Hoseok asked with more concern in his voice than before, seeing Taehyung was staring blankly at the wall, like there was nothing left inside him. He only shrugged as a response, no words and the silence felt like it bounced off the walls.

"What happened today?" Hoseok asked before he noticed the tear stained cheeks and traumatised eyes. He knew Taehyung would have been distraught by his mother and sister's response to him, but he didn't think it would drive him to trauma.

When he didn't gain a response once again, he looked around the room almost helplessly, questioning himself if this pointless. He wanted to help Taehyung, but how could he help someone who didn't want to talk?

As he glanced around the room, his eyes landed on something. He furrowed his brows, walking over to it to get a closer look at what it was.

He picked it up with care, not wanting to break anything, but it dawned on him what it was and he wanted to break it. This feeling of dread and horror filled him to stomach, a sick feeling taking over as he handled a muzzle in his hands and it didn't take him long to realise what they used this for and who they used it on.

The silence became deafening, like everything was in slow motion as Hoseok stared at the object in shock, his mouth and throat dry as he tried to swallow down the awful feeling. He placed it down as he turned to Taehyung to see his eyes were no longer staring at the wall, but he was watching Hoseok handle what had been used on him with the same look in his eyes.

"What did they do to you?" Hoseok asked before he came and sat next to Taehyung, now more worried than anything as he stared at his face that looked on the verge of breaking.
"Th-they took me in here and gave me sedatives to calm me down" Taehyung then gestured to the straps on the bed and the muzzle across the room.
"They were scared I'd attack them" Taehyung told Hoseok who was in utter shock.

"Do they treat you this badly all the time?" Hoseok asked, but Taehyung didn't know the answer.
"I don't know. They seemed relaxed with me at first, and Doctor Lee is kind to me but he said they're just scared of me" Taehyung shrugged, Hoseok sighing as he scooted over to him.
"I think they didn't want to hear me either" Taehyung admitted and it broke Hoseok's heart.

"All of this because I was selfish" Taehyung nodded his head as he spoke, Hoseok instantly denying it.
"It's not your fault at all!" He told him
"You asked for Jimin back and she twisted your wish, you had no idea she was capable of doing something like this" Hoseok gestured to everything around them, meaning the whole new world she'd dumped them in.

"You were desperate and we took it out on you and blamed you" Hoseok realised they all made a mistake that day, teaching Taehyung to slowly hate his decision and over time himself along with it.

"I'm so sorry Tae" Hoseok spoke genuinely
"You have nothing to apologise for" Taehyung shook his head, but Hoseok scoffed.
"Yes I do! I abandoned you and let you suffer alone and now they treat you like this" Hoseok didn't even want to imagine the image of what Taehyung went through that day.

"You were just doing what everyone else was doing" Taehyung shrugged and that broke Hoseok's heart all over again. He was just following everyone else. Nobody cared for Taehyung, all this time he was suffering and it was their fault they let it get to this, yet nobody realised it.

Hoseok had no words to that statement, other than a question he didn't know what Taehyung's answer would be.
"C-can I hug you?" He asked, Taehyung turning and after thinking about it for a moment, he nodded his head.

Hoseok was relieved as he wrapped his arms around the younger who hugged him back, just like how he used to, a tight, secure and safe hug. He'd kept at least one quality they adored he had through all of this.

"I hope you can forgive me" Hoseok whispered into his shoulder, Taehyung nodding his head.
"I do forgive you" Taehyung told him quietly and Hoseok squeezed a little tighter.
"I won't let you be alone again" Hoseok promised and Taehyung was slightly relieved to know he had someone close to him who he adored back in his life, looking out for him.

They pulled away as Hoseok smiled at him fully and Taehyung returned one that had been slightly bigger than all the others, but it wasn't quite his famous box like smile.

"I'm glad to have you back, I've missed you" Hoseok told him truthfully, Taehyung laughing very lightly.
"I missed you too" He returned the gesture before the both of them hugged once again.

Suddenly, the door opened and two doctors walked in, none of them Doctor Lee. Hoseok noticed how Taehyung seemed to tense up, his eyes going back to that look of fear as he almost grabbed a hold of Hoseok's arm, moving himself behind him as if he was hiding from them.

"I'm sorry but it's feeding time for the both of you" one of the doctors spoke in a calm voice.
"Am I not allowed to eat with him?" Hoseok asked, hoping to stay with him as he grabbed Taehyung's hand, giving it a small squeeze.
"I'm sorry, Taehyung has a special diet to follow and the normal food you eat won't do him any good" A woman spoke and Taehyung tensed up even more.
"You can visit him after lunch in an hours time" she promised as Hoseok sighed
"Okay, just give us a minute" He asked, the doctors nodding as they closed the door.

"Please don't leave me with them" Taehyung begged in a shy and broken voice as Hoseok turned around to the younger, grabbing both his hands.
"I have to, but as soon as I finish I'll come back for you" Hoseok told him, but he could see Taehyung's tears threatening to fall once again, one leaking from his eye as Hoseok brushed it away.
"You're not alone anymore Tae, don't be afraid" Hoseok spoke, Taehyung nodding his head as he took a deep breath and tried to put on a brave face.
"I promise I'll come back" He told him, letting go of him hesitantly before he let himself out of the room.

He hated leaving Taehyung alone with these people, now knowing what kind of treatment they were starting to use on him and he feared it would escalate from there if Taehyung did not get better.

He was scared for his friend. He had no idea what these people were capable of doing to him.