21.

The four of them could barely sleep that night, their stomachs turning and their minds racing. Was this all real? Had Ailee really just remembered and was she about to become their savour?

The early hours of the morning had woke, the sky a light pink now as Taehyung lay awake by the bars of the zoo, his mind going over everything that happened as he just couldn't get the smile off his face. He had his little sister back.

As the sun rose, his smile fell, knowing that it was time for a check up with all the doctors who would most likely be having a debate on his treatment right in front of him without him being able to say a word or have an input. Of course Doctor Lee always had his back, always looking out for him and taking care of him, but the others were too caught up in being afraid of him they refused to listen.

Taehyung knew he could always trust Doctor Lee, and yet he still hadn't worked out why yet. It was like he was some sort role model in his life, wishing he was that caring and kind himself. Nobody had looked after him quite like Doctor Lee had, taking everything into consideration as well as just listening to him. That was all he needed. Someone who would listen.

Silently he forced himself up, half tired from the lack of sleep and half ecstatic from the events of the previous night, creeping over everyone as he made his way into the health clinic.

He was surprised when he walked in and he found no doctors walking about, the corridor silent and almost eerie. It looked like something out of a horror film.
Instantly he had his wits about him, the silence getting to him the more and more it went on, but then he heard small mumbles.

He could not make out what was being said, but he could hear where the noise was coming from, slowly making his way down the corridor.

There was a door left slightly open and the voices seemed to be coming from there. The low whispers only slightly echoing off the walls as he was cautious approaching the door, creeping outside it as he tried listening in.

"Please, we have to do this, they need help" He heard a voice and he was shocked when he heard it was Ailee.
"There's only so much I can do" He heard the voice of Doctor Lee. That made him frown in confusion, leaning in more to hear what was going on.
"I know, but any help would still save them" Ailee begged as Taehyung swung the door open, revealing the shocked faces of the both of them who were instantly silenced by his presence.

"What's going on?" He asked suspiciously, walking into the room and closing the door behind him.
Doctor Lee instantly sighed as he turned to Ailee.
"You're sure you want to do this?" He asked, Ailee not even hesitating to nod her head and that was the only answer Doctor Lee needed.

"Do what? What's happening?" Taehyung was slowly beginning to panic, the worry growing on his face as Ailee noticed it, running over to him and grabbing both his hands.
"It's okay TaeTae" She told him in her sweet voice
"It's better you don't know" she told him but he snatched his hands away as he ran them through his hair, really slipping into a state of panic.

"No this is how I got stuck in this mess because I was blinded from everything until it was too late" He told her in an almost incoherent way but she stayed calm and grabbed his hand again.
"Please trust me" she told him, almost begged him
"It's the only way we can be safe" she told him and he knew he had to trust her, he had no choice.

"Just go along with everything that happens today okay? Me and Doctor Lee will guide you through it" She told him as they didn't let go of each other's hands, a small squeeze to assure him as he nodded his head, still unsure.

Doctor Lee stared at the two of them and up until this moment he was hesitant to help, worried of losing his job and everything around him, even if he did care for Taehyung.