18.

Taehyung sat across from his little sister who still did not recognise him. Only this time, he couldn't even conjure up a smile, the events of the night before haunting him.

He remembered his friends words as the realistic illusion of Jimin was stuck in his brain, every feature seeming so real.

Ailee noticed the off behaviour from the moment he walked in. She tried cheering him up, but he forced a laugh before going back to staring into space and she couldn't think of anything else to do other than confront him.

"What's up Tae?" She asked, Taehyung looking at her in the eye for what felt like the first time.
"What?" He asked, trying to seem okay, but even he couldn't fool himself, and he certainly didn't fool her from the way she rolled her eyes.
"Come on, you ain't kidding me at all, something's up" She spoke bluntly and honestly as he dropped the act, but he didn't say a word for a few seconds, not even knowing where to begin.

"Is this to do with Jimmy?" She asked, Taehyung giving her a somewhat cold glance.
"It's Jimin" he snapped, but he instantly felt bad, sighing sadly.
"I'm sorry" he apologised, his shoulders slumping sadly.
"Yeah, I-I saw Jimin last night" He told her and she almost seemed excited for him.

She'd been told all about him and their love story and she wasn't sure whether she actually believed it or not, but she thought it was a beautiful story and she loved hearing about it, whether it was real life or Taehyung's imagination. A part of her wanted it to be real, it was the only proof that true love really does exist.

"You actually saw him? Or in a dream? Please say you actually saw him!" She jumped up onto her knees excitedly, Taehyung sniggering at her before he turned sad again.
"It was neither" He spoke plainly
"It wasn't a dream, but it felt like he was here in person, yet when I reached out to him he disappeared" He told her, Ailee's hopeful smile falling for him, her heart sinking as she couldn't imagine the pain Taehyung was going through.

It was moments like these where she really did feel for him, and it was these moments, where she actually felt something, she began to question whether this was reality.

"Well, I'm sure you'll find him" She tried to convince him, but she heard the small scoff he tried to hide from her and she knew he'd given up hope.

Just as she was about to try and convince him, her phone made a noise, the sound ringing through the air as they were both silent, Ailee hesitantly reaching into her back pocket as she pulled it out, seeing the face of the person who just tried to ring her had flashed up on her phone, ending the call.

She didn't notice Taehyung's sudden interest in it.

"Who is it?" He asked curiously, but Ailee didn't seem to mind about him being nosy.
"It's just Daniel" She shrugged, putting her phone away, unable to hide the small smile on her face.

Taehyung noticed this as he instantly stiffened at the sound of a boy's name and the small smile.
"Who's Daniel?" He asked, trying to sound normal and hide the locked jaw. Ailee didn't notice as she said her next words so passively.

"He's my boyfriend"

Taehyung fully stiffened. This wasn't right. Ailee never had a boyfriend in the last world. She always stayed away from boys so she could focus on more important things.
It wasn't that she wasn't allowed to date, but in his eyes, nobody would ever be good enough for his little sister. Nobody had the same kind heart and caring side that she had which meant nobody could match her and treat her right.

"So how long have you been with him?" Taehyung asked, but the stiffness in him seemed to go unnoticed as Ailee shifted like she was trying to ignore the sudden tenseness.
"A while" She spoke as she refused to look at him.
"How long is a while?" He asked instantly
"A year next month" She told him

Taehyung was about to start pulling his hair out. A year?! Nearly a year she'd been with him and he had no idea?!

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked
"I didn't think I needed to" she told him honestly as he scoffed.
"Of course you should! Nobody is good enough for you" He mumbled the last part but she still heard as she finally snapped at him.

"Why do you care?!" She raised her voice, looking at him properly.
"Seriously why do you care? It's my life not yours!" She told him firmly
"I'm just protective!" Taehyung protested in a sharp tone as well
"You've no reason to be!" She spoke with venom laced in her voice, noticing that as she instantly stopped herself, taking a deep breath and calming down before she said something she would regret.

"There's no reason for you to be protective, he takes care of me and I take care of him and I really love him and that is that" She spoke a lot calmer
"Honestly you sound like my dad"

"How would you know what dad sounds like, he left" Taehyung said as more as a side comment, looking away as he too tried calming down.

Ailee's eyes snapped to look at him.

"What did you say?" She asked him, Taehyung looking at her again.
"Dad? He left when you were one year and a month" Taehyung spoke, not realising the shock on Ailee's face.

A sudden feeling settled in her stomach, right in her gut that she suddenly couldn't shake away.

There was just one question running around in her head as she was left speechless, her mouth dry and her heart beating so fast in her chest as she had felt it drop when she heard those words.

"H-how do you know?" She asked finally, almost as a whisper as Taehyung only just heard her, his face etching in confusion for a few split seconds, wondering why on Earth she was questioning this, only he saw the look in her eyes that was pure shock and confusion.

Just as Taehyung was about to answer, the door opened as Doctor Lee was stood there, both of them snapping their heads to look at him.

"Times up you two" he notified them. Taehyung sighing sadly as he rose to his feet, just about to leave the room when suddenly his hand was grabbed.
"No!" Ailee jumped up, grasping onto the wolf who turned to her in utter shock at her random outburst.

"Wait" she spoke much quieter, looking up at the wolf, into his eyes properly, trying to see past the golden eye colour and the deep sadness.
"How did you know about my dad?" She asked in a quieter voice, Taehyung's eyes flickering away to look at the Doctor, who was patiently waiting, before looking back at his sister.

"Ailee, he's my dad too" Taehyung told her, holding onto her shoulders.
"When mom and dad used to argue, who do you think held you so closely through the shouting in the middle of the night?" Taehyung spoke
"You used to cry in your little pink cot and then I'd come and hold you, hushing you until you slept in my arms" Taehyung told her as truthfully as tears welled in his eyes, Ailee watching them glaze over and become glossy, washing away the set in sadness and depression and she saw it.

She saw the truth.

She saw the pain he'd suffered and the memories in his mind that replayed that were raw even after all these years.

"Tae, I-" Ailee went to speak, but they were interrupted.
"I'm sorry, I don't want to split you two up but Taehyung has an appointment with me" Doctor Lee told them.

Taehyung turned back to his little sister, flashing her a small smile that he finally managed to conjure up.
"I'll see you soon" He told her before he walked off and out to Doctor Lee's office.

If only he had a little longer, maybe she would remember.