13.

The doors opened, but he didn't even flinch at the sun that shone brightly in his eyes. He just looked straight ahead with wide and empty eyes.
There was nothing behind them.

He could barely hear the voice of the person who was gently assuring him it was safe to go back in and he would be okay. But he followed their orders as he just walked straight out with his eyes and head down.

He instantly caught the attention of the others.

It couldn't go unnoticed. He barely did anything other than stare into space and stand still. They noticed the look in his eyes and their guts filled with dread at the sight before them, silently hoping and praying that what they had done to him wasn't too bad.

Hoseok walked over, followed closely behind with Namjoon and Yoongi as Hoseok enveloped his friend into a hug, but he noticed the lack of reaction straight away, feeling the way his arms were weak and delayed in wrapping back around him. It made Hoseok squeeze a little tighter, hoping he could bring back his friend.

Namjoon and Yoongi glanced at one another, in complete shock. Taehyung loved hugs from anybody and he was always so secure when giving one. His arms barely moved and when they did they barely touched Hoseok's body. His eyes were still wide open and he just stared ahead, almost as if they were ghosts and he couldn't see them.

His eyes were dark, but not in an evil or angry way. They were empty.
There was no light or life in them, especially the old flame he used to have in him. It had been ruined, the golden look now rusted and dirty.

"Hi Tae" Hoseok spoke quietly, squeezing his eyes shut even more as he fought off his tears before he moved back to look at Taehyung who did the same thing he did to the other two. He looked right through him.

There was barely any response and Hoseok couldn't handle it. He was angry and distraught. What had they done to him? They'd destroyed him with that stupid shock therapy and the old Taehyung had gone into hiding so he wouldn't get hurt, potentially forever.

Hoseok's eyes filled with tears as he backed off, not wanting Taehyung to see him cry, Namjoon standing in the way as he held Taehyung's shoulder, patting it, but the young wolf once again had no response, as if he was a zombie or shell of him old self.

"You're okay Tae, you're away from them and you're okay" Namjoon tried reassuring him, but it was just the same blank response as he just stared past him.

Namjoon sighed. He couldn't give up on him, not when there was a chance Taehyung was in there, waiting to know it was safe to come out.

"Taehyung, it's me, Namjoon. You remember don't you?" He asked and that was the first time Taehyung made eye contact with him.
But that was all he got.

It was a blank look and Namjoon felt his heart being stabbed. It was as if he was a stranger to his friend who had hit his head and remembered nothing. He just wanted a reaction, even if it was confusion from not recognising him, he wanted to know Taehyung was still feeling something. He wanted to know Taehyung was still alive.

He sighed as he backed off, feeling defeated and scared as he joined Hoseok who had tears running down his face, the both of them slowly but surely turning away as they had a private conversation, mainly Namjoon trying to think of a plan and calm Hoseok down.

Yoongi couldn't bare to look at his used to be friend, looking down at the ground, the guilt now eating him alive as he realised what his cold and harsh words had done. He'd punished Taehyung to the point of no return.

He looked at him, surprised to see Taehyung was staring right at him. But it wasn't like he was a ghost, it was like he was here and in person.

Yoongi panicked as he looked away, cursing himself. He had so much he wanted to say and he couldn't bring himself to say it, scared of Taehyung's reaction.