16.

Taehyung once again sat all alone.

It had been a month since Ailee first came to visit and so far the visits were short but sweet. They grew closer with each one, acting like they were just making friends, even though Taehyung knew everything about her. But he loved getting to know his little sister all over again, even if she no longer knew they were related.

Taehyung at first had been doing a lot better, he smiled more and was slowly growing calmer and more settled, especially now he had his best friends back, but that smile had grown fake too.

With each growing day, the pain began to come back and set in, but now everybody thought he was doing better he had to keep it that way.
He had to prove he was okay and he was doing better and the only way to do that was to put on a fake smile for the crowd and pretend to enjoy life.

Even the boys could tell at some moments his laughter or smile was fake, but Taehyung did a good job at concealing it and they had no idea his internal suffering was continuing stronger than ever.

They knew he spoke to the moon most nights, knowing it helped him in some ways, but they respected him enough to not listen in to what he was saying.
It was his only time to freely speak his mind to the person he trusts most in this whole crazy world, even if they weren't sure he was in it anymore.

"So Ailee was telling me how she was doing at school today" Taehyung whispered to the bright ball up in the sky that beamed onto his skin through the thick metal bars. The cool night air was gentle on his skin, not too cold, yet he still shivered all over from the fear that was deep within his heart. He tried to forget it, but it just made the shaking worse.

"She's doing so well, like amazing" Taehyung smiled. It was weird because Ailee just seemed exactly the same in this whole new life, she just didn't remember him is all.

"As she was talking I saw she was wearing a bracelet, so I asked her about it" Taehyung spoke
"And she told me she's had it since she was little but has no idea where it's come from" Taehyung spoke, he knew exactly where it came from.
"She said there used to be some sort of diamond or something in the middle but it got lost somewhere and she has no idea where, but she still wears it" Taehyung told Jimin the news and it seemed that Taehyung only just realised then, saying it out loud to himself.

"Jimin, she took the pearl from my sister even in this life" He spoke and his voice switched into his usual solemn and empty tone as he looked to the ground.
"How could she do that to her? You gave it her as a gift, something for her to protect so she would remember you, remember us!"

Taehyung sighed as the sadness once again set in and the hope had faded in his voice and eyes, feeling physically deflated and mentally deflated.

"We're never getting home, are we?" He spoke and for the first time in the whole time he'd been there, all the hope was lost in his voice.

He had truly given up on praying for the day she would come along and have mercy on them and send them all back, or that something would happen and Jimin would come back to him. But it was clear now that it was never going to happen and dreaming and wishing for it to happen would never ever work.

But at this point, he didn't even care about never getting home. He only cared about one thing.

"Jimin, I say it every time but I really want to know where you are" Taehyung told him, deciding to pour his heart out.
"You've disappeared from my life and I want you back so bad" He refused to cry, pushing back the tears and holding them in with all the strength he had within him.

At that moment, his eyes darted across the sky, a small gasp leaving his mouth as out of nowhere, a shooting star shot through the dark night. It was so quick he barely caught it, but he closed his eyes and remembered it for that little bit longer, seeing how it burned so brightly through the pitch black sky, standing out among the twinkling stars and the pale moon.

He knew it was pointless, but he had to try.

"I wish for you back Jimin" He whispered, barely able to hear himself as his voice shook.
He kept his eyes shut, repeating the words over and over again in his head, wanting them to be true until he snapped back to reality and realised how pointless it was.

He sighed in defeat, opening his eyes and staring at the moon once again that was fixed in the same place it was before.

"Jimin, I just wished for you back so why can't you come back to me?" He asked but his voice wasn't desperate, it was just distraught, choking on his held back tears.
"I don't even care if we never get back home, but I just want you here with me, alive" Taehyung admitted, meaning every word.

Of course he wanted to get home to his normal life and back to where the world made sense, but what he wanted more than anything was Jimin back in his life. Even if he was trapped behind glass in another enclosure, at least he could see his beautiful face every day.

"I know you're somewhere out there" Taehyung told more himself than Jimin.
"Somewhere far away, but I know you're there" He took a deep breath, the cool night air filling his lungs before releasing it.
"You're all I had and now you're gone" Taehyung told him as he was now running out of things to say, his heart feeling empty as it just yearned for Jimin back.

"Do you ever hear me?" Was all he had to ask before he stood up from the window, moving back to his little bed in the corner, making sure to be quiet as everyone else was sleeping.

He settled down and closed his eyes, repeating his wish over and over again in his head.
Hoping someone would hear him.