19.

Ailee walked slowly, letting herself out of the clinic as she wore a confused frown the whole way out of the zoo, trying to think about what she had just witnessed.
The true emotions and the fact he knew something.

It suddenly struck something in her, something hitting her like a wave as she gasped at what it was.

A memory.

She saw... a boy. A boy with plump lips and pointy ears and purple eyes, a huge smile on his lips as he knelt next to her, whispering something in her ear.

At first she couldn't hear it, it was too mumbled and slurred to think of what he was actually saying, the memory slightly blurred as she closed her eyes, leaning against the back wall.

"Come on Ailee" she whispered to herself and she was surprised by her own actions and words. Was she actually trying to remember something that might not have happened for the sake of some wolf? Or maybe this was all real and this boy who popped into her head meant something.

"Never stop-" she heard the boy say in a soft tone of voice that she recognised yet had never heard before.
"Never stop what?" She asked herself, her hands gripping the sides of her head as she forced herself to think harder, pushing her brain to the limit as to what this boy said.

"Never stop believing in magic" She heard and it began to ring a bell. She had heard this before and yet at the same time this had never happened to her in all her life.
"If you don't then you're certain to-" She froze again, growing frustrated with herself as she groaned out loud, kicking the wall, only to turn around and see someone staring at her.

They had a look of confusion on their face and almost worry. For a few seconds she grew very embarrassed, her face flushing a red colour as her eyes widened, the boy looking at her like she was some strange animal.

She was about to turn and run away to leave her embarrassment behind her, but suddenly she recognised him.

He'd just began to walk away, shrugging her off as just another weird teenager, but she suddenly ran forwards.
"Hold on!" She spoke out loud before she could control herself, the boy seeming shocked that she was speaking to him as he slowly turned to look at her.
"Yeah?" He asked hesitantly, truly beginning to believe she was crazy.

"You're the guy he claimed to be friends with!" Ailee spoke as she knew she recognised him, but the boy seemed oblivious.
"Who?" He asked
"Taehyung! That werewolf? You remember?" She asked and the boys face seemed to know what she was on about as he frowned.
"Yeah, He was crazy and I sure as hell hope he's getting some serious help" he spoke quite bluntly as he began to walk away.

"No hold on! He might be telling the truth!" She tried to protest, the boy freezing as he turned to face her, questioning if she was serious and when he saw she was, he couldn't help but burst out laughing.
"You need some serious help too then" He made a comment as he began to walk off again, ignoring her telling him to stop and listen.

"Wait!" She tried to call him back but he ignored her. Maybe if she remembered his name? But he never said it. She had no idea what his name was, even if she heard Taehyung say it.

Suddenly she was hit with another wave.

"Kookie!" She remembered that name. An image of both Taehyung and this boy sat on a couch playing video games and she came running in to join them.

As soon as that name left her mouth, the boy whipped around to face her with shock on his face, like a deer caught in headlights.

"How the fuck do you know that name?" He asked with slight concern and a little bit of anger.
"So it's true? You're-" she froze as she tried to remember more. She suddenly remembered how she would clamber up on the couch and sit in between them, ignoring the annoyance of Taehyung as Jungkook would wrap his arms around her and let her join his team.

"Jungkook!" She said again as he stepped towards her at a quick pace as she backed up to a wall, him towering over her.
"How the fuck do you-"
"You used to let me play on your team!" She tried to tell him, but Jungkook scoffed at her.
"What the fuck are you talking about?" He asked.

"Kookie and-"

She went back to the other memory, trying to think of what this purple eyes boy said.
"Never stop believing in magic, if you don't then you're certain to see me again" It replayed in her mind over and over again.

"Chimchim"

She didn't even know she said it out loud until she saw Jungkook in front of her looking at her like she was genuinely insane.

"Jimin is Chimchim!" She spoke out loud as she made the biggest revelation, stepping away from Jungkook as she ran a hand through her hair.
"He gave me something too, something for me to keep and take care of!" She spoke and at this point Jungkook was wondering why he was still here. Was it because she was crazy? Or was it because his curiosity now had the better of him?

"He gave me a pearl..." She remember the blue shade as it lightly flowed in the palm of her hand as Chimchim gave it to her, her hand flying to her bracelet where she traced her fingers over the area where she used to believe a diamond was.

"The pearl of Zemblanity" suddenly it all seemed too familiar and she was scaring herself.
Was this all real? It felt like it was and she was now leaning more towards Taehyung telling the truth than him being insane.

"You're really gonna believe some wolf who is staying in a health clinic?" Jungkook spoke quite insensitively as Ailee turned to face him.
"Don't speak about him like that! He's an amazing person and he's so lost and alone!" She snapped before she looked at him properly.

"There's only one way to test if this is all real" she told him
"But I need your help"
Jungkook was frozen to the spot no matter how much his brain was telling him to run away right now.
"Me? Why?" He asked
"Well for one I can't come back here alone at night and two I need you to witness this with me!" She told him, but he scoffed.

"You're on your own kid, have a good life" He told her, but Ailee ran up to him, grabbing his hand like she did Taehyung.
"Jungkook I know you can remember too! Just please give this a chance! You always used to love adventures!" She tried to tell him and for the first time he seemed to actually considerate it for a few seconds. But he shrugged it off.

"Let go of me and leave me alone" he warned in a low voice, but she didn't let go.
"Kookie please" She begged.

Jungkook turned to look at her, wanting to be angry, but the look of desperation and something else he couldn't put his finger on in her eyes meant he couldn't.
She looked so lost and helpless and she was just a kid with a wild imagination. It would also just be cool to sneak into a zoo in the dead of night.

"I'll meet you back here at midnight" He told her as she smiled and wrapped her arms around his waist, not caring that he didn't return it before she rushed away somewhere.

He had no idea what he'd just gotten himself into, but he couldn't lie, his curiosity had really got the better of him.