20.

It was one of those light twilight hours where the sun had just set but the sky was still a bright purple, the air warm and the stars dazzling in the sky.
It was nights like these the zoo keepers let the creatures stay out a little later before they were hauled inside for sleeping hours.

Taehyung was once again sat alone though, telling the other guys he needed some time to think after the events today. They let him, although they stayed within the area, checking up on him every now and again to make sure his mind wasn't wandering to an even darker place.

He sat in the feeding area, looking out of the bars once again at the moon, although tonight he wasn't in the mood to talk to it. He just stared at it as his mind thought back over what had happened on that day, the way she acted, almost as if she was willing to believe him for those few split seconds.

Maybe when he next sees her again, he could try and help her remember more and over time he would have his sister back. But that was unlikely, she was probably so glad to get away from him for another week or so and next week she'll probably pretend nothing happened.

"Tae!"

Taehyung heard it, his ears pricking up, his eyes widening at the nickname that he hadn't heard in what felt like years.
This was his mind playing tricks on him again, that witch haunting him as he closed his eyes and tried to send it away.
"Tae!" He heard the whisper shout again, opening his eyes as he was shocked by what he saw.

Ailee was here, stood in front of the bars with a black hoodie on as if she was hiding.

"Ailee?" Taehyung spoke, but he knew it was his mind as he turned away.
"Tae it's me! I'm real!" She told him, her tiny hand managing to just about slip through the bars as she grabbed his hand.
The warmth and feel of her hand was so familiar and detailed that it could not be an illusion or his mind. She was here.
Why was she here?

"What are you doing here?" He hissed as he turned to her properly, his body right up against the bars.
"I needed to know something and it can't wait till next week" she told him
"What? What is it?" Taehyung asked as suddenly he had a glimmer of hope ignite in his gut.

"Tae? What's going on?" He heard behind him, seeing his three friends had come to check up on him, only they spotted the young girl on the other side of the bars.
"Ailee?" Namjoon questioned as he came over and sat beside Taehyung.
"She's not an illusion right?" Hoseok spoke warily
"No! She's real!" Taehyung smiled at his little sister who had come back for him.
"Please Ailee! What is it?" He asked her again, the young girl taking a deep breath.

"When you mentioned dad, it hit me hard" she told him
"Mom hasn't told me much about why dad left or the arguments and I believed I was alone throughout it all" she told him sadly as she made eye contact.
"Then you said you were always there for me and for some reason it did something" She spoke as the four wolves turned to look at one another in confusion.

"I remembered a boy with pointy ears and purple eyes and plump lips" She spoke, their eyes widening in utter shock.
"I remembered calling him Chimchim"

"That's Jimin!" Taehyung burst out
"You remember him?" He asked in almost disbelief as she took another deep breath.
"He gave me a pearl and I have a name, but I need you to tell me" She spoke calmly and quietly as to not alert any zoo keepers, although Jungkook was hidden nearby keeping watch for her.

"If you say the name and it's exactly the same as what I remember, then I know this is all real" She told him, grabbing his hand really tightly as even now she was hoping it was true.
"What's the name of the pearl?"

Taehyung's heart was beating so loud in his chest that he could barely hear himself utter the words, his mind going dizzy as he choked it out through the huge lump in his throat.

"The pearl of Zemblanity"

He was slightly dreading the reaction, he could already feel his heart and stomach dropping as he imagined Ailee failing to recognise it, leaving him and his friends behind as she went and lived her life in this new world that he couldn't escape.

But that didn't happen.

She froze in place, her body stiff and it was her turn to have wide eyes, her throat and mouth drying up as tears welled in her eyes and a tear slipped down her face.

"TaeTae..."

She whispered out and Taehyung couldn't stop the biggest smile from forming on his face.
"Y-you remember?" He asked and it was almost as if he could see all the memories flashing through her mind.

She could see them all. All his friends and her family and the way Taehyung was so playful with her and when he and Jungkook would hang out he would always let her join in. She remembered playing with Jimin's ears and absolutely loving them. She remembered when his three wolf friends came home with Taehyung one time and how kind they were to her. She remembered her mother confessing she fell in love with the elf she now knew from the other enclosure.
She remembered it all.

"I'm so sorry" she spoke as he attempted to hug her, the both of them pressed up against the bars as they restricted their hug, but they both didn't care. They were brother and sister again and that was all that mattered.

"I'm so sorry I didn't believe you" she told him but he shook his head.
"It's not your fault and never will be" He told her, but the tender moment was soon interrupted.

"Hey! We have to go!" Suddenly Jungkook appeared through the darkness.
"Kook?" Taehyung questioned as his former friend gave him a dirty look as he tapped his foot impatiently.
"He doesn't remember yet" Ailee told him as she turned to the other three.
"I'll come back tomorrow for all of you okay?" She told them

"Ailee lets go!" Jungkook ran over as he forced her away from the bars.
"I'm not leaving you okay? I'll come back!" She promised before the pair disappeared into the darkness as a few zoo keepers were seen running after them, the four wolves turning to one another in shock and silence.

"She remembered" was all that Taehyung could utter out.
"That means the others can remember too" Namjoon spoke as they then heard the call for them all to go inside for sleeping hours.

"What do we do now?" Hoseok asked
"We wait is what we do" Taehyung told them
"She said she'll come back for us and I know she will"
"How do you know that?" Yoongi asked, a smile now on Taehyung's face.

"She's my little sister, she'll never let me down"

~•~•~•~•~

What do you think? Can he trust Ailee? Will she be the little hero?

Anyway ya girl has sent her university applications off and I think that was the scariest thing that's ever happened to me to date.

I really am growing up man, lord have mercy I won't survive uni life 😂