12.

The other three couldn't sleep. Not when they could hear what they were hearing.
It was early in the morning, the sun had only just risen and the zoo wasn't even open yet, the keepers rushing about to get everything ready as only a few of the creatures had arisen from their slumber.

Namjoon, Hoseok and Yoongi were included, not because they chose to wake up, but the pained sounds of their friend were echoing through the halls of the health clinic that they sat outside of, wanting to go in there and help.

There were flashing lights, followed screaming in pain and after the sound of electric flying through the air died down, it was his soft whimpers as he cried.

It was torture for the three wolves who did nothing but sit there. Nobody spoke or looked or moved. They could only sit and listen with the occasional flinch from hearing Taehyung's cries. Even Yoongi who had long forgotten his hatred of Taehyung was feeling for him, barely moving a muscle other than the occasional squint in pain. How could he hate Taehyung knowing what he was going through now?

It seemed to go on longer than his first session and it seemed like no matter how much he cried they wouldn't stop. It made all of them so angry, wanting to burst through the door and get Taehyung out of there as soon as they could, stop all of this from happening, especially Hoseok who vowed to protect Taehyung and he couldn't do that, getting emotional as he finally broke in front of his two friends.

"I promised I'd protect him" Hoseok whispered, fighting off any tears as his body was shaking.
"I promised I'd protect him and now I can't" Hoseok carried on, Namjoon patting his shoulder.
"We'll get him through this, we see him tomorrow and we can help heal him" Namjoon tried to think optimistically.
"Maybe if we heal him enough, they'll go back to getting him to socialise with us" Namjoon suggested

"God I hope so" Yoongi muttered, only to earn a glare from Hoseok who was still mad at him.
"Quit acting like you care" He snapped
"I do care! He's my friend too!" Yoongi snapped back
"Well you weren't acting like it when he needed you most" Hoseok spoke with nothing but venom in his voice.
"Shut the fuck up with the fighting already" Namjoon stopped the both of them, already clutching the hairs on his head from the non stop arguments between the two of them.

There was a small pause, another scream from Taehyung breaking it as it made them flinch and all three wondered if listening to each other fight was better than listening to their friends torture. Yoongi sighed, finally deciding to clear up his actions.

"Look I know I've hated Taehyung and I've been stubborn with my opinion on him" He started off, Hoseok scoffing.
"You can say that again" he spoke
"But I didn't realise just how much pain he was in and now it's got to this I've realised" Yoongi spoke
"Well you-"
"I know! I should've realised sooner! I was angry at him and it blinded me from the truth!" Yoongi sighed and it was evident he really was sorry.

"I want our newbie back" Yoongi spoke quite shyly, showing a side to him he rarely showed to his friends let alone anybody else.
"We want him back too" Namjoon nodded in agreement.

"Remember when we first took him in?" Hoseok smiled at the first time they officially introduced Taehyung as a wolf and how welcoming everybody was to him, even if before they hated each other's guts.

"Well we met him before that when we found Jimin finally" Yoongi nudged Hoseok and it was then when they saw Taehyung's potential.
He was determined to save Jimin and protect Jungkook, even though he was human, the first thought that ran through their heads when they saw him was how he would make a good addition to the wolf pack.
"He was showing potential in human form, let alone wolf" Namjoon smiled
"Yeah, then we all tested him and fought him and it was nothing I've ever seen before" Hoseok spoke, the other two agreeing.

Their first fight with Taehyung was odd. The only wolf to have ever had that much power was Namjoon and even then it took him a while to build it up. Taehyung was a newborn and yet he was one of the strongest wolves to have existed in the wolf pack.

"He just made the whole pack feel complete" Yoongi spoke
"Our little circle felt complete" Hoseok joined in
"And with Jin and Jimin and Jungkook, that's when it all came together" Yoongi smiled, remembering every moment where the seven of them were just hanging out as friends.
"It's like we're a family" Hoseok remarked.
"Brothers from other mothers" Yoongi smiled
"More than anything we're a team and y'know what they say" Namjoon looked at them both.

"Teamwork makes the dream work" He finished it off, the other two laughing.
"Our team really worked didn't it?" Hoseok spoke

"Yeah it did! Namjoon you're the smart one who always knows what to do and is good at giving orders" Yoongi spoke as they began to go through each person.
"Jin is the other smart and sensible one who figures shit out but takes care of us" Hoseok spoke and Namjoon smiled, agreeing completely.

"You're the ball of sunshine who can brighten anyone's day and you're the the moon. You like to be in the darkness, but it doesn't stop you having a light to you that makes everyone happy" Namjoon analysed the two friends who looked at one another.
"You're opposites, but still best friends and this fighting that's been going on should never happen" Namjoon told them as they both smiled at one another.

"I'm sorry Hobi, for being selfish" Yoongi jumped in and it surprised them both. He was usually stubborn and never one to apologise first, but this time he didn't even hesitate.
"I'm sorry too, you're my best friend and it's sucked being against you" Hoseok told him as he pulled Yoongi into a hug.

"What about the others?" Namjoon asked as they pulled apart and they went back to the roles of the friendship group.
"Jungkook is the over excited kid of our group" Hoseok spoke and it was very accurate.
"Yeah, He was so hyped when Tae chose to stay a wolf" Namjoon remembered Jungkook hanging around despite being human and though he couldn't do a lot of the things wolves did, he made a great addition to the friendship group.
"He's surprisingly happy considering his family life" Yoongi notes the other two turning to him confused.

"You don't know? He never told his parents where he was going when he left with Tae and Jimin, he just disappeared and the whole time he never had one call or text from them" Yoongi spoke
"He never sees his parents either, he goes home to see Tae's family more than his own" Yoongi told them and it seemed a shock. The other two had never noticed this.
"How do you know?" Hoseok asked
"Tae told me one time, he told me Kookie has been like a brother his whole life right from when they were little and his family took him in for a long time when he hit a rough patch" Yoongi spoke, and they decided not to question it, especially since Jungkook hadn't actually spoken about this, it was all from Taehyung.

"Well he has us for family now anyway" Namjoon spoke, the other two agreeing before the next person came to mind. It was clear who they were all thinking of, because their faces fell and the atmosphere that picked up for a few seconds had grown cold and solemn.

"Little Jiminie" Namjoon finally sighed with heartbreak evident in his tone of voice, but nobody blamed him. All of them felt it.
"He was the sweet and caring one who never stopped laughing and wanting hugs" Hoseok gave an accurate analogy.
"Yeah, and he forgave us so easily after the way we treated him" Yoongi noted
"Let's be honest, we didn't deserve his forgiveness and yet he did anyway"

That was the thing with Jimin. He had a very kind heart and saw good in everyone, even in Namjoon who at one point was ready to rip him in half. He saw the light when others didn't and that was one good quality that was needed in their friendship circle.

"And last but definitely not least, Taehyung" Namjoon spoke and it brought their minds back to the pain he was going through, only then noticing it had stopped and he must be done for the day. Thank god, they couldn't listen to that for one more second.

"He's the protective yet childish one" Yoongi spoke
"Yeah, He has childish antics and a wild imagination, yet he's protective of everyone around him, especially Jimin" Hoseok spoke
"He thinks outside of the box too and that's something I wish he'll never lose" Namjoon spoke and they heard wheels going past and small whimpers and they instantly knew what it was.

Taehyung was being transported to his room and nobody was there to stop his tears.
They so wished they could help. But all they could really do was sit there and listen.