27.

It had been hours since Taehyung had 'reunited' with Jimin, the sky turning dark and the stars glimmering above. But none of that mattered, not even the moon that shone down so brightly could help Taehyung's pain.

He used it as a way to speak to Jimin, hoping he was somewhere out there, talking to him back, trying to find him. He was here, but he was in no way trying to find him. He couldn't even remember him. Until this day, he had no idea Taehyung existed. He had no idea that the love of his life existed, or that he even was in love at some point.

Taehyung sat on the window sill, staring out at it, but at nothing in particular. His tears had dried and now his eyes were empty, along with his heart. There was no glimmer of hope and there was no life to him. There was no love anymore, it had all be sucked out of him that day the witch took him away. Taehyung could feel the lump in his throat form every time he saw those eyes that were once tinted purple in his head, staring at him like a stranger, someone he'd never met, or even worse, never loved.

His friends had tried talking to him, but as soon as he stopped crying, his mind shut down and he blocked everything out. He was now blank and nobody could get through to him. He was left alone with his thoughts that were back at square one all over again.

"Tae? Do you want some food?" Jungkook tried once more to talk to his best friend, but all he got was a shake of his head. No words or eye contact was needed to tell him that Taehyung was trying his hardest to not break all over again.

Just as Jungkook was about to speak again, they heard a knock on the door as he went to answer it, but Taehyung didn't budge one bit. He wasn't interested in who it was or what they wanted. He was so-

"Oh! Hi" Jungkook exclaimed in a shocked manner.
"Hi, I-is it Taehyung? Is he in? I was told he's in this room" He heard his name spoken in that familiar voice and it broke his heart all over again.

But at least it made him feel something.

He got up as he went to the door, opening it to reveal himself rather sharply as it made Jimin jump slightly, as he stared at him for a few seconds that seemed to last forever, Jungkook noticing the tension.

"Come in Jimin, I-I'll leave you two to talk" He spoke awkwardly, excusing himself as he pushed Jimin into the room before closing the door, leaving the two stood in awkward silence as they stared at one another.

"H-hi, I just c-came to check on you" He spoke shyly but sweetly and Taehyung could feel himself melting, but that just bubbled the anger in his gut even more.
"I'm okay" Taehyung lied
"No you're not" Jimin replied

Taehyung made eye contact with him once again and he saw Jimin was taken aback by himself that he said that, but he could see that Jimin was being genuine. He saw that Jimin could see his pain and heartbreak, but it only reminded him of old times when Jimin understood him and was always there for him. It just fuelled the pain and anger.

"I'm sorry, but you have to go" Taehyung told him, going to close the door, but Jimin jammed his foot in it's way.
"No I don't feel comfortable leaving you on your own without your friend" Jimin spoke in almost panic, Taehyung not even denying him. He had such a conflicted mind, he wanted Jimin to leave, he just couldn't resist those eyes, even if they weren't purple anymore. They always managed to do something to him, and this time it was break his heart. But at the same time, he wanted Jimin to stay, a small feeling telling him Jimin will remember, even if it seems impossible.

"H-how's your head?" Jimin asked once again quite shyly.
"A mess" Taehyung answered, putting an awkward atmosphere between the two of them.
"I-I meant does it still hurt?" Jimin spoke, becoming more and more nervous
"Not really" He answered bluntly once again, putting an end to the conversation instantly.