two

MONDAY

"So Y/N, where'd you run off to with Sam the other night?"

"Nowhere" I said, uninterested in her prying.

"That's not what I heard" she said in a sing song voice. 

I stopped walking. 

"Meg, what did you hear?" I said, completely paralyzed in my tracks.

"A little birdy told me they saw you and Sammy boy very intimate in the hallway by the bathrooms"

"That little birdy is on crack. Nothing happened, I stopped him before he could pull anything."

"Why are you fighting this so hard, Y/N? Live a little, jeez."

"I am not attracted to him, Megara. I am not going to give in if it doesn't interest me."

"You might be the only girl who claims she isn't attracted to that hot piece of ass, but alright Y/N, whatever you say. It's your life, just don't let it go to waste."

We walked out of school, busses leaving the lot in every direction. That's when I saw him. Leaning up against his red, second gen camaro. He had a smirk plastered on his face. I ignored him as Meg caught his eye and tried to get my attention, claiming he was looking straight at me again. So what if he was? I had had enough of his games. 

We walked right past him as Meg stared at him, eyes wide. Just as we were passing, he grabbed my wrist. I shot him a dirty look. 

"Now, now, angel. Come. Let me drive you home." 

"Don't call me that."

"Okay, sunshine." 

"Don't call me that either. Don't call me anything at all."

"Listen, I'm just trying to offer you a ride home."

"I go home with Meg."

"Actually, Y/N, I'm kind of meeting up with Jack."

Jack. Her boyfriend. I was going to ask her when she was planning on telling me this, but I didn't want to seem like a bitch. I just sighed. 

"I'll walk home, thanks."

"Y/N" he said my name so sternly, but also so smooth, almost like velvet.

I shuddered, remembering how it had sounded that night. I had never liked my name, but for some reason, I liked the way it sounded on his lips. 

I raised an eyebrow questioningly at him. 

"I'm driving you home." It was a statement. Not a request. 

I sighed and got in the car, but not without shooting a nasty look at Meg. 

The car ride was silent, except for the radio. He had put on Stephen Stills. I didn't know he was into this kind of music. Sugar babe came on.

"I love this song" I chirped. 

He smiled at me and turned the volume up with the dial. 

People need love
People need trust
People need one another
And that means us
My sugar babe
Oh, believe me, sugar babe

We both sang the chorus in unison, causing laughter afterward. As soon as the laughter started, it ended, and went back to radio silence. When we got to my house, I let out a silent curse. 

My ex, Xander, was waiting for me on my front doorstep. He looked at the car, and peered in to see who was driving me. I thanked Sam quickly, and left the car. The minute Xander saw Sam, he started yelling. 

"You moved on quick, huh, you little slut?" 

"We broke up so long ago, you don't get to dictate my life, Xan" I said, calmly.

He was angry, his face red as a tomato. I tried not to add fuel to the fire. 

"And with a Kiszka? Really?" 

I stayed silent, neither confirming nor denying. He growled as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his punch. I was bracing myself for the impact but it never came. I opened my eyes to see Sam right in front of me. A smirk grew on Xander's face as he realized he had punched Sam instead of me. Right then, Sam punched him back harder. He stumbled back, stunned. Blood ran down his nose.

"Don't fucking touch her." Sam said, angrily. 

"Sam, I got it." I said.

I stepped in front of him, facing Xander. He stared at me blankly for a minute, and I stared back. I delievered another punch to the same spot as Sam, knocking Xan out cold. 

"Nice one" Sam chuckled behind me. 

"Don't say anything. You had no right."

"He was going to punch--"

"I can take care of myself, Samuel."

"I can see that." He said, walking back to his car. 

"Sam"

He turned around, and raised an eyebrow questioningly at me.

"Thank you"

He nodded, "See you around, Y/L/N"

"Wait Sam" I had no clue what I wanted to say to him, but for some reason I just didn't want to let him go

"Yes?"

"Coffee"

"Coffee?"

"Yes. Let's get some."

"Coffee." 

"Coffee." 

He opened the car door for me and I thanked him. We went to get some coffee, but something felt off and I just couldn't shake the feeling. I tried my best to push it out of my mind.