twenty four

A/N: A filler chapter for more drama! Sorry I've been so busy x
I set my keys down on the kitchen counter and made myself a cup of tea. I had a headache that wrapped around my head, pinching my temples to the point that made me nauseous.

"Another cup of tea? You okay, babe?" Alistair asked me, walking into the kitchen and placing his keys on the counter.

"Yeah, just a lot on my mind." I say, playing with the string on the tea bag.

"Well, I have a surprise for you." He said, walking over to the table.

"Huh?" I asked, turning my attention to him.

He placed a gift bag in front of me, smiling.

I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Just open it." He urged.

I pull the gift out of a bag, it was a scrapbook of us. I thumbed through the pages, taking my time to look at us and how our relationship had grown over the years. I paused on an old picture of us, from our first date, and laughed. I looked like a raccoon with make up streaking my face. Sam had just told me he was engaged and Alistair had comforted me and made me feel safe.

"Babe, this is.." I could barely manage with tears threatening my eyes.

"I know our anniversary is tomorrow, but I just got this back from the printers and I couldn't wait. Happy anniversary baby, I'm going to die a happy man as long as I get to wake up next to your side every day."

Oh fuck, I forgot about our anniversary. I had been hoping to talk to Alistair today about everything that had happened, but I couldn't do it the day before our anniversary. Then again, it wouldn't be any easier after. The thought of it brought me to tears. If I did this, I was no better than Sam. If I didn't do this, I would hurt the one person who truly cared for me.
"Oh no no, honey, don't cry!" Alistair said, trying to calm me down.

I just sobbed and sobbed and sobbed at the table, not knowing what to do. I couldn't make the decision myself.
"I think I want to go see my parents." I said to Alistair between sobs.
"Okay, we can get that all arranged for you." He smiled.
I smiled meekly and put my head down on the table. I would ask my mom what to do. She knew everything from Sam to Alistair and she could help me figure out what to do.