06.

﹄✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ﹃

﹄✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ﹃

"milk, eggs, bananas... what else?" yoongi pondered aloud as he ran his hand along the cereal boxes. yejin grabbed her father's other hand, "did you buy my custard?"

yoongi smiled, "oh yes!" he ruffled yejin's hair. "how could i forget?"

"it's right over here," jihye said as she picked a carton out of the grocery store's freezer. with a smile yoongi placed it in the basket.

yoongi needed to run some errands and jihye had insisted to come along, since she had to pick up a few groceries after all.

"ready to go?" jihye asked as she took yejin's hand. yoongi nodded and glanced at his watch which read 7:46 pm. "it's almost your bedtime, yejin."

yejin groaned. "i hate bedtime!"

"hate? where did you learn that word, young lady?" yoongi asked in surprise, his eyebrows shooting upwards.

jihye snorted.

"you!" yejin giggled to which jihye didn't bother hiding her laugh.

yoongi scoffed. "no you did not."

"yes i did!"

"no."

"yes!"

"no-"

"let's pay for these groceries, shall we?" jihye interjected with an amused smile as she placed a hand on the father and daughter's shoulders. yoongi smiled weakly and took yejin's other hand in his. "alright, let's go."

the three of them left the convenience store, bags in their hands. "this was fun," jihye said with a smile. "see you guys tomorrow?"

yoongi nodded. yejin ran over and threw her arms around jihye, "bye unnie!" she said, "see you tomorrow!"

jihye chucked and ruffled yejin's hair, "alright, alright. bye, yej. don't cause your dad too much trouble, you little brat."

"i won't!" yejin said with a sly smirk.

jihye looked up at the pale boy. "bye, yoongi." she said, her dimpled smile appearing.

"bye... jihye." yoongi nearly stuttered as jihye gave them one last wave and headed down the opposite side of the road.

﹄✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ﹃

"jihye-unnie is really nice, right?" yejin asked as yoongi tucked her into bed. yoongi sighed, but a small smile made its way onto his face. he hummed in response, remembering the plethora of flower crowns the group of children had ended up with. yejin was right about one thing, jihye was very talented in the art of flower-crown-making. in seconds, she could twist together a few flowers to create something even more beautiful.

yejin pulled up the covers in his bed. "i'm happy you like her." she said with a yawn as her eyes slowly closed. yoongi snorted, "i don't like h-"

he cut himself off as his daughter had already fallen asleep. he smiled and released his hand. must've tuckered herself out today, huh?

he laid out his usual pile of blankets on the ground next to the twin-sized bed.

yejin slept in the main bed and yoongi slept in a pile of blankets on the floor. he pulled the covers up to his chin and tucked his hands behind his neck.

he stared at the dark ceiling, fear slithering back into his mind. the landlord had ordered yoongi to pay his rent before the end of the month and yoongi had little to no money to spare. his job at the movie theater was paying him poorly and he had already spent the majority of his cash on yejin's meals, clothes, toys, and other necessities.

he sighed and rubbed his temples. where will i get the money from? he turned to his side to look up at the twin bed where yejin was sleeping. he smiled softly at the sight of yejin, her pouting lips, delicate nose, long eyelashes. i'll do it for you. yoongi thought and pulled the covers up to his chin. somehow.

a/n :

ah sorry this chapter's just a lil' short! but don't worry, there's more to come. also, flowergirl will have a total of 35 chapters! thanks for reading, i hope you all will stay until the end :)