32.

﹄✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ﹃

﹄✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ﹃

one month later...

"yoongi-ah!" jihye called, "can you get the cake out of the oven, please?" they had been preparing for yejin's surprise birthday party for the past few days, and it came faster than they had anticipated. hoseok's job was to distract the five-year-old while yoongi and jihye prepared everything back at home. yoongi pulled the cake out of the oven and placed it onto the counter.

jihye gasped, "is it burnt?" she cried, her eyes wide. yoongi just laughed at her. "it's chocolate, dummy." jihye breathed a sigh of relief and mentally kicked herself. she felt a pair of arms wrap around her.

"don't stress yourself out, okay?" yoongi's deep voice comforted, "you're doing just fine. the decorations are all set up and the guests are arriving soon. take a breather."

jihye looked up at her boyfriend with a bashful smile, "thanks, yoongs." she said, exhaling deeply, "i'm a little stressed. if you couldn't tell."

"now go change out of your pajamas," yoongi said, shooing her off, "guests should be on their way."

"right!" jihye said as she hurried off into yoongi's room where she had left a bag of clothes. she could hear yoongi's chuckling in the distance. in a hurry, she brushed her short, tangled hair, popped in her contacts (after a few tries) and slipped into a pair of leggings. frantically, she grabbed yoongi's shirt, which happened to be laying on the bed and tossed it on. she grinned at her reflection in the mirror before sashaying out the bedroom, "yoongi-ah!" she called. to her delight he came into the hallway and raised his eyebrows to see his shirt on jihye.

"how do i look?" she said, modeling the shirt as if she was on the catwalk, "you like my shirt?"

"it's pretty big on you." yoongi mused, "you look like..." yoongi looked off into the distance as if he was thinking hard. finally, he snapped his fingers, "ah! you look like a toddler."

jihye scoffed, picked up her slipper, and chucked it at her boyfriend. he screeched and retreated to the kitchen.

"this is your shirt, you whore!" 

she could hear him giggling from the kitchen.

suddenly, the doorbell rang and the two rushed to get it. one by one, yejin's friends arrived at the apartment, ready and excited for the surprise to happen.

finally, jihye's phone vibrated.

1 new message from jung hoseokie :

hoseokie : yejin and i are heading up the stairs now.

you guys better be ready!

distracting this girl is a CHORE man.

me:

o shit OKAY i think the children are ready.

try to be loud when you get to the door so we know it's u :)

hoseokie : almost to the door! now

go hide, dumbo.

jihye slid her phone into her pocket and shushed the children. yoongi grabbed her hand and they hid behind the couch with the rest of the kids. suddenly, they heard hoseok's muffled voice from outside the door.

the lock clicked.

the door opened.

"why are all the lights off?" yejin's voice asked. and finally...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YEJIN!" everyone cheered, jumping out from their hiding spots. hoseok popped his confetti popper sending flying colors into the air. the children screamed with delight and gathered around the birthday girl, wishing her well and greeting her.

yejin eventually ran up to jihye and yoongi, throwing her arms around both of their legs. "a birthday party!" she cried happily, "a real birthday party!"

"happy sixth birthday, yejin-ah!" jihye said, pinching her cheek. "six is a very special year!"

"why?"

"you're starting school, love." yoongi said, taking his daughter's hand. her eyebrows shot up.

"real school?" she gaped, fascinated. the couple chuckled at yejin's mannerisms. jihye nodded, "we can talk about that later, now go get some cake!"

yejin agreed wholeheartedly and ran off to play with her daycare friends. yoongi grabbed jihye's hands, "congrats, love. the surprise was a success!"

jihye sighed in relief and slumped back against yoongi's chest. "i'm surprised i didn't blow it. it was tempting, you know."

"you kept your mouth shut!" yoongi said, revealing his gummy smile. "i'm proud of you!"

jihye snorted and punched his shoulder, "thank you. now we can finally relax."

a loud crash came from the living room and both of their heads shot in the direction. "i think we'll have to hold off on the relaxing..." yoongi muttered and tugged his girlfriend's hand. "let's go clean up their messes."

jihye laughed and took his hand as they walked over to the noise. despite the toy box being thrown open and onto the floor, jihye and yoongi both had bright and genuine smiles on their faces as they made their way into the living room.

a/n :

a lil' filler for you :3