33.

﹄✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ﹃

﹄✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ﹃

jihye smiled at the family who walked into the daycare. she nudged yoongi. "say it now," she whispered.

"welcome to the Jang Daycare!" yoongi spoke with a faint smile as a family walked up to the front desk "is this your first time here?"

the mother nodded nervously.

"go ahead and sign your child up right here," yoongi said, holding out a clipboard. the family thanked yoongi and grabbed a pen from the desk.

"see, babe?" jihye said as she grinned at her boyfriend, "you're a natural. i don't know what you were so worried about!"

"i don't think your father likes me..." yoongi muttered. jihye just laughed, "my dad loves you. i promise."

"whatever you say," yoongi said with a shrug. "is your shift over?"

jihye nodded. "i'll take yejin home," as if on cue, the now six-year-old yejin marched out of the play area with her head held high.

"what did you just do, yejin?" yoongi asked, suspicious of his daughter's pride. yejin just shook her head and took jihye's hand. "nothing! bye appa!"

the two girls waved at the milky-skinned man and left the daycare.

"remember the rule, yejin?" jihye whispered. "tell me the rule."

"i'm not allowed to tell appa about this!" yejin recited proudly.

"you almost blew our cover!" jihye muttered as she ruffled yejin's hair. yejin giggled, excited for what was about to come.

yejin had been wanting to dye her hair ever since she saw a korean singer on tv with pink hair. her father always said no, though he never had a great excuse as to why. yejin wanting to dye her hair had gotten jihye thinking, maybe i should change it up a bit too! so there they were, on their way to the local hair salon to change their colors.

the bell at the salon door's jingled, announcing yejin and jihye's arrival. a young woman greeted the two, "hello! how can i help you two?"

"we'd like to dye our hair today!" jihye said with a grin, ruffling yejin's again. yejin smiled excitedly, hardly able to contain herself.

the young woman nodded, "this is your daughter, i presume?" she asked as she set up a chair. jihye started to shake her head, but something stopped her and she nodded, causing yejin to giggle happily.

"come here, little one," the stylist said, patting the chair. yejin squealed and leapt into the leather seat, ready to change her old dark hair.

"what color would you like to do?" the stylist asked.

"pink!"

and jihye watched as the woman worked her magic, using kid-safe materials for yejin's tender locks and making sure that the dye wouldn't damage yejin's hair. "the pink will last for a few months," the stylist explained as she painted the pigment onto yejin's head.

"that's it?" yejin complained with a frown.

"hey, at least you're getting it dyed!" jihye protested, "what do you think your dad's gonna say?" at this, yejin began to giggle. the stylist smiled at the interaction and placed a shower cap onto the dyed hair. "we'll let your hair sit while i work on your mommy's!"

and to jihye's surprise, yejin didn't correct the woman's misnaming.

finally, it was jihye's turn. "and what color would you like, miss?" the stylist asked.

"i would like blonde, please!" jihye exclaimed. and like she did with yejin, the woman worked her magic and began bleaching jihye's jet-black locks.

before the girls knew it, yejin's hair was an adorable cotton-candy color, while jihye had a silky, short, blonde cut .

"you look beautiful, yejin-ah!" jihye giggled, snapping a quick picture of yejin's new look as they made their way back to hoseok's apartment. the winter winds swept around them and jihye pulled her coat tighter to herself.

"i wonder what appa will say about your hair!" yejin said with a grin, her hair looking vibrant against winter's monotone color.

"i hope he likes it," jihye said honestly, "i'm a little nervous."

finally, they reached the apartment and hoseok answered the door with his dance bag slung around his shoulder. "holy sh-" hoseok stopped his profanity with cough. "woah! hair!" he gaped, but was eventually smiling widely at the girls' new looks. "you guys look adorable. love the pink, yejin-ah!"

"thanks uncle!" yejin said proudly. "i'm gonna show daddy!"

hoseok snorted and looked at his best friend as yejin ran into the apartment. "he's gonna kill you," hoseok said with a smirk.

"he can try~!" jihye sang as she followed yejin into the house.

"i'm going to work," hoseok said, his eyebrows still raised, "tell me how it goes!"

the door closed gently behind him and jihye sped up her pace to see yoongi's reaction. but she didn't have to, since she heard it from the hallway.

"oh my god-"

jihye burst into yoongi's bedroom where yejin was smiling proudly. yoongi was sitting on the bed, novel in his hand, his mouth wide open. "yejin... you're-you're pink?! when? who?" he finally looked up at jihye who was standing at the door. his jaw hit the floor. "wow." was all he said.

"do you like it, appa?" yejin asked, smiling like an idiot. yoongi couldn't help but giggle at his daughter's excitement, "i-i love it, sweets." he said, running his hand through the pink. "it's very you."

yejin beamed, satisfied at her father's answer, then ran out of the room to go look at her reflection in the bathroom.

"blonde, huh?" yoongi asked with a grin. jihye touched her hair, "do you like it?" yoongi grabbed her hand and pulled her to sit with him on the bed. "the first word that came to my mind was goddamn..." he said with a smirk and kissed her nose, still a little red from the cold. "blonde suits you, love."

jihye's face heated up, "i'm glad you think so." she said, "i've been thinking about it since yejin has been asking for it."

yoongi hummed in response and slid his arms around jihye. within a few minutes, to her surprise, she could hear his quiet snoring. she smiled to herself, working at the Jang Daycare isn't as easy as it looks, huh, yoongi-ah? she thought to herself as she ran a finger down his smooth cheek.

within minutes, she was asleep as well, safe and sound in yoongi's warm embrace.

a/n :

if you could dye your hair any color what would you choose?

(i'd choose pink, obviously:)