10.

﹄✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ﹃

﹄✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ﹃

JIHYE

"this is where you take me?" yoongi said with a slight scoff. jihye watched with content as yoongi looked around the duck pond, as if he was waiting for something interesting to happen.

"shut up!" jihye said as she smacked his shoulder.

"ow..."

"this was my favorite place to come when i was a kid," she said as she looked around. "if you sit quietly, the ducks will approach you," she said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"you're such a weirdo." yoongi said as jihye sat down on the grass.

"i didn't ask you!" jihye retorted with a smirk. "now sit down, let the ducks come to us!"

yoongi laughed, but joined her on the grass. as if on cue, a mother goose swam over with her ducklings trailing behind. jihye glanced over at yoongi, who had a smile on his face as he offered a few bread crumbs that jihye had supplied him with.

"see?" jihye said, "this isn't as lame as you thought it was."

"i guess." he said, still keeping his attention on the ducklings quacking.

"and to think, if it weren't for me, you'd be sleeping right now," jihye said proudly as she pulled out another slice of bread.

yoongi smiled genuinely this time, "well... jihye, if it weren't for you," yoongi said, "yejin would still have to come to work with me."

jihye stopped and smiled at the ground, "pfft... i-"

"thanks again for taking yejin in," yoongi said, scratching the back of his neck. "nobody's ever done something as nice as this."

jihye smiled, almost nervously- taking compliments wasn't exactly her strong suit. "like i said, it's no problem. yejin's a great kid," she grinned. without realizing, jihye's hands found their way to her chin as she gazed in wonder at the milky-skinned boy in front of her. his skin looks so soft. she thought, i wonder what products he uses. she had to restrain herself from reaching up and poking his puffed cheeks. i bet every girl he meets falls in love with his perfect skin she thought.

"yejin's crazy," yoongi said with a loving smile as he watched the ducks swim away. "but i can assure you, she didn't get that from me."

jihye snorted. "where did it come from then?"

yoongi scoffed, "hyerin," he mumbled, almost to himself. a pang of guilt hit jihye as she cringed slightly. should i not have asked that? "h-hyerin?"

"sorry," yoongi muttered, "i didn't mean to get to personal or-"

"no, no," jihye said as she tilted her head to the side, "if you wanna talk about it..." she halted and nearly smacked herself, "but if you don't that's totally fine! i didn't mean to intrude-"

"hey, it's alright," yoongi said as he tugged at the grass with his fingers.

jeez, jihye. why are you so awkward? she thought furiously to herself as she trained her gaze back to the lake.

"hyerin is... yejin's mother. she left the day that yejin was born,"

jihye wrung her hands nervously, "oh... i'm-i'm sorry..."

yoongi laughed humorlessly. "don't be sorry. she'd be an awful mother and was an awful girlfriend."

jihye tapped her foot on the ground awkwardly. "why-why did you guys break up?" she dared to ask. yoongi sighed, "we both knew our relationship was going to end," he said, "but she became pregnant with yejin... and we couldn't really break it off."

"oh," jihye said, not knowing what else to say. "have you... dated anyone since then?" and to her surprise, he shook his head. "i haven't dated since yejin was born, and i'm not trying to change that," he said as he drummed his fingers on the table. "hyerin ruined dating for me."

"oh." jihye said again, surprised to hear the dejection in her voice. but... why do i care in the first place? it's his choice.

"don't you ever... miss dating?" she dared to ask, wondering if all of these questions were far beyond her boundaries.

yoongi shook his head. "i... i really want to give yejin a mother. a real family...." he trailed off, "but i can't bring myself to date again."

jihye nodded slowly and swallowed the disappointment in her throat. she glanced at her watch. "um, i think we should get going soon," she mumbled, "it's almost nine."

yoongi bit his lip. "uh... yeah." he said, "sure."

﹄✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ﹃

with a heavy sigh, she unlocked the door to her apartment and collapsed onto the nearest bed- which ended up being her roommate's. "woah, what's up with you?" asked her rommate, hanna, who was sitting with her laptop open.

jihye shook her head, "nothing really," she said, "it's...um... it's just one of those days." she curled up with hanna's blanket and pulled out her phone as it lit up to reveal a text from a certain someone.

yejin's dad : hey, you got home okay right?

a/n :

yEJiN's dAd. girl i-

sOOooOoOOo what are these new emotions that our dear jihye is feeling right now? hmmm? >:)