30.

﹄✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ﹃

﹄✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ﹃

YOONGI

new message to: jang jihye

me: i'm sorry, i made a mistake.|

i'm sorry, i m|

i'm s|

|

me: i miss you. |

i miss y|

i|

|

yoongi sighed in frustration and ran a hand through his hair. he shut off his phone, allowing the darkness to completely elope him. he really wanted to get some sleep, but he couldn't. and yejin's quite breathing couldn't soothe him like it usually did.

the bags under his eyes had become purple and black, reflecting the way he felt inside. the emptiness in the apartment was so prominent that he couldn't ignore the gaping hole. the hole that he had created himself. i made the right decision, he thought to himself for the past seven days. she's better off without me. but despite these thoughts, yoongi often found himself longing for her gentle touches, her warm embraces, and her butterfly kisses. he had lost his appetite, his motivation, his happiness.

"appa," a small voice called from the bed, late into the night. yoongi of course, was wide awake but he was surprised that yejin was not.

"yejin? why are you awake?" yoongi rasped, his voice cracking slightly.

"i miss jihye-unnie."

i miss her too, yoongi wanted to say. "i know, love. go back to sleep," he whispered to his fretting daughter, "you'll feel better in the morning,"

"i know you miss her too," yejin said softly, her voice barely a whisper. yoongi swallowed, "go to sleep, yejin."

﹄✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ﹃

yoongi and hoseok watched the autumn breeze cause the trees to shudder through the kitchen window. summer had left, and the cold months were on their way. they sat together at the kitchen table, saying nothing. hoseok finally sighed.

"you really think you made the right decision?" hoseok asked his friend. yoongi nearly broke down at the simple question. he inhaled slightly, "i... i did. i'm... an awful boyfriend... jihye deserves-," he swallowed, "... jihye deserves better."

"that was excruciating to watch." hoseok muttered, shaking his head. "have you looked in the mirror lately? you did this to yourself, man." hoseok said with a sigh. yoongi needed tough love, and hoseok was just the person to give it to him.

"she deserves better." yoongi whispered again. hoseok stood up abruptly, causing yoongi to jump at his friend's aggressive movements.

"don't you understand?" hoseok gaped, looking down at him. "jihye doesn't want better. she wants you."

at this yoongi, couldn't say anything. maybe hoseok was right. he looked up at his friend, "it's too late. i've hurt her. she hates me now."

"who says she hates you?" hoseok asked as he opened the kitchen window. the autumn breeze flowed into the kitchen, lifting yoongi's hair out of his face.

"i... i just assumed that she did... i broke her, didn't i?"

"you broke yourself as well."

yoongi felt hoseok's gaze, but didn't look up.

"yoongi-ah, you know i hate seeing you like this. when you were with jihye, there was this... this light in your eyes," hoseok said as he glanced out the window wistfully. "and it's not everyday you find a girl who loves your child that much,"

yoongi said nothing.

"yoongi. you deserve her." hoseok said, "i know you're scared. but you have her. you have me. you're not alone."

yoongi felt his lower lip tremble. for the past week, jihye was all he could think about. he thought about how her lips curved into a smile when she would crack a joke, her melodious laugh that would ring in yoongi's ears, her bright eyes that could light up yoongi's whole world. he thought about how jihye would care for yejin like she was her own daughter. all he could think about was jihye. and how much he missed her.

finally he looked up at hoseok, determination in his eyes.

"how do i win her back?"

a/n : 

oh my oh my