29.

﹄✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ﹃

﹄✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ﹃

YOONGI

it's been two days. two whole days since jihye left the apartment, tears pouring out of her eyes like waterfalls. he was hurting. it felt as if there was a weight crushing down on his brain, his lungs, his heart, his soul, his entire being. and the weight wouldn't leave no matter how many times yoongi told himself that he'd made the right decision.

the house was quieter without her. yejin and hoseok were quieter as well. the two both smiled occasionally, but hid away in their own rooms, mourning their own losses.

yoongi hated seeing jihye cry. and he hated that he himself was the cause of her tears.

you made the right decision, he thought again as he opened his laptop. yoongi ran a hand through his dark hair before searching up "how to find a job" into his computer.

suddenly, there was pounding on the door. he ignored it, hoseok will get it. but when the knocking failed to diminish, yoongi grumbled slightly to himself before standing up to get the door. as soon as he unlocked it, the door flew open revealing a furious, red-faced hanna.

"who the hell do you think you are?!" hanna screamed at him, her voice resonating in the small apartment. 

oh lord. yoongi thought feeling slightly terrified at the smaller girl's rage. "i didn't ask you to get involved!" yoongi shouted back, "i don't deserve her!"

this made her face turn three shades redder. yoongi could practically see the smoke pouring out of her ears. "you're awful!" she screamed, "don't you know how much she loved you?!"

"i-"

"you're such an asshole! a selfish asshole!" she yelled. "i can't believe you. you were head over heels in love with her! why would you ruin it?"

yoongi had tears running down his face now, "i can barely afford to support yejin, hanna." he cried, "how am i supposed to treat her the way a real boyfriend should?"

"you really don't understand, do you?" hanna cried. she opened her mouth to say more but she stopped, shook her head, and left the house just as quickly as she arrived.

the second the door slammed shut, yoongi crumpled to the floor. a loud sob escaped his lips. what have i done?

JIHYE

it's been five days. five whole days since yoongi had ended their relationship. and if jihye was given one word to describe the way she felt, it'd be numb.

the first night was the worst. she couldn't tell if she was in denial of what happened, or if she embraced it fully. she cried. more than she ever had before. more than hanna had ever seen.

she didn't eat, didn't sleep, not for three whole nights. hanna had been there, helping her, comforting her, but not all of her words could fix the hole in jihye's chest.

"he's an idiot." hanna mumbled as she ran a comb through jihye's damp hair.

"b-but he's my idiot." jihye whispered sadly. "or he was anyway..."

"stop talking like that!" hanna said as she smacked jihye's shoulder.

"ow..."

"you know what? we're having a girls night!" hanna said as she clasped her hands together. "the only rule is: we're not allowed to say the word 'yoongi'."

"well what am i supposed to talk abou-"

"ask me if there are any dudes that i'm into!" hanna said with a goofy smile on her face. jihye, not in the mood to let hanna down, complied. "any dudes that you're into?" jihye asked sarcastically, not really interested anyway. it's not like she wanted to talk to anyone in the first place.

"maybe..." hanna said with a beam. "no surprise. you're always into guys." jihye muttered, "what's his name?"

"um..." hanna trailed off before flashing another smile. she giggled, "his name is jung hoseok."

now this sparked jihye's attention. she sat up slightly, "our hoseok? the hoseok we've been friends with since childhood?"

"the one and only!" hanna said, her cheeks pinker than usual.

"oh my g-"

"before you judge me," hanna protested as she held her finger up, "i think he might be interested in me as well."

jihye smirked slightly, "what makes you say that?"

"well... we looked at each other a little too long to be 'just friends'." hanna said wistfully as she placed her chin in her hand.

jihye snorted, "what do you like about him?" she asked, "what is there to like about him?"

hanna sent her friend a playful glare. "plenty! he has the kindest soul. he's manly, he's smart, he's good with kids, he's cute, he's hot, he-"

"he's hot?" jihye gaped as she nearly choked. "that's gross. this is weirding me out."

despite jihye's commentary, hanna grinned. "i'm glad you're acting more like yourself." she said, "it's nice to hear your genuine laugh again."

jihye smiled back at her friend, "i wouldn't be laughing if it weren't for you," she said before placing a hand on her friend's arm.

"jihye, i'd do anything for you. i hope you know that."

"i do," jihye said with a laugh, "and hoseok would be lucky to have you." the two burst into giggles and enjoyed each other's company through the early hours of the morning.

but deep down, there was an aching pain in jihye's chest that was hard to ignore. the gaping hole yoongi had left hadn't gotten any smaller. and it wouldn't be shrinking any time soon.

a/n : 

THE BREAKUP - VOLUME 1.