31.

﹄✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ﹃

﹄✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ﹃

JIHYE

knock, knock, knock.

jihye opened an eye and groaned once she heard pounding on her apartment door. "hanna..." she mumbled, "get the door..." she pulled the blankets over her head and growled to herself. finally, she heard the sounds of hanna's footsteps, the door opening, and quiet whispering.

"who is it?" jihye asked, loud enough for the person at the door to hear. when she got no reply, she pulled the blankets off of her head. with a sigh, she crawled out of bed and headed into the hallway, "i said, who is i-"

hoseok and hanna were whispering to each other at the doorway. when hoseok saw her, he smiled widely and hurried over. "jang jihye!" he threw his arms around his best friend, "i haven't seen you in... a week..." jihye happily accepted the embrace and hugged her friend even tighter, "if i'm being honest," she mumbled into hoseok's shoulder, "i missed you too, ugly boy."

hoseok chuckled slightly before pulling away. "let's go do something!" he said, raising his brows, "you need to get out of the house."

hanna grinned at hoseok and grabbed jihye's hand, "come on! let's find something cute for you to wear." 

jihye snorted, "what do you mean? my outfit is already cute," the three looked down at her baggy sweatpants and oversized t-shirt with a gravy stain on it.

"girl, i-" hoseok started.

"come on, jihye!" hanna said, pulling her best friend towards the closet, "it feels good to feel sexy! put on something hot or else!"

jihye snorted at her friends' enthusiasm and shrugged, "i guess..." she muttered, "also i haven't gone out in a week so i might be a little... sunlight-sensitive," she warned jokingly.

hoseok laughed and clapped a hand onto her back.

"-oof."

"i'm glad you're getting out." he beamed, "now find something hot to wear!"

"i'm going, i'm going," jihye muttered as hanna shoved her into a closet with a dress.

moments later, she emerged from the closet with a blush pink dress that draped down to her calves. the sleeves were long, but were a transparent tulle-like material. jihye had a weary smile on her face as she looked down at the dress, "it's beautiful," she said, twirling around to watch the skirt fly. "but isn't this a little... formal?"

"look, hanna. she's all grown up!" hoseok said, dabbing at fake tears. hanna giggled and flashed her friend a proud smile. "it's perfect!" hanna said, clapping her hands proudly, "all you need is a pa-"

"-pair of heels," hoseok finished, the two beamed at each other before hurrying off into the closet. jihye raised an eyebrow. maybe they would be cute togeth-

her thought was cut off by hoseok who tossed her a matching pair of pink high heels. jihye sighed, "guys, i'm not going to a wedding! this is too formal..." her eyes scanned the room and her gaze fell onto her favorite white sneakers. she tossed the heels aside and picked up the white shoes, "i'll wear these, okay?"

hoseok and hanna shared a look, but shrugged. "you still look sexy!" hanna said.

"where are we even going?" jihye cried, exasperated. "and why aren't you guys dressed up like i am?" the two looked at each other. hanna was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt, mirroring hoseok's outfit. "we... uhh..."

"you know," hoseok said, "dressing nicely often helps me feel better... so we thought to try it on you." jihye's smile diminished ever so slightly, remembering this was just to get her mind off the breakup. she shook the thought off. "let's just go," she said softly, needing a distraction. her two friends cheered and linked arms before heading out the door.

﹄✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ﹃

"why here?" jihye asked, tilting her head to the side in confusion. her friends had brought jihye to her favorite duck pond.

"we're having a picnic!" hanna said with a mischievous grin on her face. she handed jihye a blanket, "go set this up on the grass. hoseok and i are going to be there in a second."

without arguing, jihye took the blanket from hanna and watched as her friends disappeared from her sight. "picnic?" she wondered aloud. "why didn't we bring any food then?"

she sighed, allowing the sounds of the water to blend with the silence.

suddenly she heard someone clearing their throat behind her, "um, hi jihye."

she froze in her tracks as the voice registered in her brain. slowly, she turned around to see none other then min yoongi. the man she loved. the man who broke her heart.

he looked as nervous as she felt. her entire mouth felt dry, and when she opened her mouth to speak no words came out.

"you look beautiful," he said quietly, looking down.

"yoongi, i'm sorr-"

"don't apologize, jihye. there's a few things i need to say to you," yoongi said, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

jihye's heart began to race.

"this past week... without you... was the worst week of my entire life," he murmured, "i didn't realize how much i needed you until you were... gone."

he bit his lip and swallowed nervously. the coolbreeze picked up, swaying jihye's dress and her hair slightly.

"i'm so, so sorry for hurting you. i thought i was making the right decision." yoongi said as he swallowed again, "i didn't want to be a burden to you." he looked down at her hands and took them into his, sending tingles up her arms. "jihye, i've felt so many different emotions during the past few days, but one thing hasn't changed," he trembled, "my love for you is constant. i love you. so much, and i don't want to lose you again,"

jihye felt a tear slide down her cheek as she swallowed the lump in her throat. "yoongi..."

"and... what i said about not being able to provide for you..." his hands shook, "i'm scared. actually, i'm fucking terrified,"

at this, jihye smiled slightly and chuckled.

"but we have each other, and it's a little less scary that way."

"yoongi..." jihye said again, now a small smile on her face, "you could never be a burden to me. you're my everything, babe."

and she was suddenly wrapped in his arms, held in a tight embrace. he held her as if this would be the last time he ever would. jihye melted into his touch, feeling her tears dampen the dress shirt he was wearing.

"yoongi-ah," she mumbled into his chest, "i missed you."

his trembling lips curved up into a grin, "i missed you more,"

a/n : 

Operation Win Jihye Back was a success!!!!!