28.

﹄✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ﹃

﹄✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ﹃

jihye pushed open the door to hoseok's home, happy that it was unlocked. "yoongi-ah!" she called into the dimly lit house. "i brought ice cream!"

when no reply came, she furrowed her brow and headed into the kitchen to see hoseok, who was eating dinner by himself.

"hobi!" jihye started, "where's yoongi? where's yejin?"

he looked up at her, and to jihye's surprise his usual sunshiney manner had been replaced by a sorrowful expression. "hobi?"

he exhaled slightly. "um, yejin's asleep, and... yoongi..." he paused and bit his lip.

"yoongi what? is he okay?" jihye asked, feeling her heart sink.

"well... he lost his job today," hoseok said with a sigh, "the movie theater was letting go of a few employers and yoongi happened to be one of them..."

jihye immediately dropped her stuff onto the table and started into the hallway before hoseok stopped her. "wait jihye," he called out, "yoongi's a little upset right now, i wouldn't talk to him just ye-"

"of course he's upset!" jihye protested. "i'll comfort him," she picked up a box of tissues and headed into the hallway, ignoring hoseok's desperate pleas.

"yoongi?" she called and knocked on the wooden door. no reply. "i'm coming in, okay?" she called again before turning the knob ever so slightly. the door opened, allowing light from the hallway to flood into the dark room. and sitting on the bed was yoongi's shadowy figure, alone and facing the window.

he didn't turn around.

"yoongi," jihye whispered again. she closed the door behind her, knowing that yoongi would want her to do so. she walked around the bed and sat down next to her boyfriend. he said nothing.

"you okay, love?" she asked placing her hand onto his, "hoseok told me what happened. don't fret, you didn't enjoy that job anyway. we'll find a better place for you to wor-"

"jihye?"

she turned to look for him, barely making out his expression in the dark room. "yes?"

"you know how much i care about you, right?" he asked, still not looking into her eyes.

"of course," jihye said, feeling tense as she silently begged him to look at her, "yoongi, what's wrong?"

"i..." yoongi started, "i think we should break up." he said quietly, his voice resonating in the room.

it was like a punch to the gut.

"what?" jihye sputtered, feeling her blood go cold.

"we need to break up." he said again, no emotion in his eyes.

"yoongi what?" jihye gaped, feeling her eyes begin to water, "what? why are you saying this? what did i do wrong?"

"that's the thing, jihye," yoongi said, finally looking up at her. his own eyes were watering. "you didn't do anything wrong. you're perfect, and i don't deserve you."

"what are you saying?" jihye asked, a tear sliding down the side of her face, "why are you saying this?"

"i love you, jihye." yoongi cried, "so much. but i can barely support myself and yejin. how am i supposed to take care of you?"

"is this what it's about?" jihye murmured as she reached out to touch him, but he pulled away, causing her heart to break, "yoongi, i don't care about money."

"you deserve someone who can take you on dates, buy you things, treat you the way a real boyfriend should," yoongi said, his whole body shaking, "not someone as awful as me." he stood up.

jihye's lip trembled. "yoongi... please don't do this..." she whispered, "i... i love you." yoongi stood up and began to walk away, breaking jihye's heart more and more with every step. he paused at the doorway. "please love me as a friend and not as a boyfriend. because someday..." he paused.

jihye's heart stopped.

"... you'll meet someone better than me."

a/n : 

*drops the mic*

sorryyyy :D