appearances.

Addison's POV:

"I'm nervous."

Drew gives my hand a squeeze as our uber pulls up to the familiar house I haven't been in since May. My heart races at the sight and I try to stay calm.

Everyone's there and I'm about to have to face them all for the first time in forever. I don't even know what to think of it all.

The dress had ended up looking better than I even imagined. It reaches my knees and has a slit up the thigh providing a classy but still sexy look.

I had contemplated what to do with my hair for a few minutes before settling on throwing it in a curled ponytail. Drew had told me that's what he liked the best so I figured he couldn't be the only one.

"Don't be, it'll be fun," Drew says to me making me bite my lip in nervousness.

Is it going to be fun? Or is it going to be a complete shit show? I have more confidence in the latter. I'm going to come in contact with the people who hurt me by cutting me out so abruptly. How am I supposed to just stroll up to this party?

"Let's just get it over with," I say referring to us making our appearance.

This is going to be uncomfortable as hell and I've come to terms with it.

I open the door of the uber, and step out before stepping to the side and waiting for Drew to come out as well. It isn't long before he steps out in his black, short sleeve button down that he paired with khakis. I'd be lying if I said he didn't look absolutely incredible.

It makes me feel that much stronger rolling up to this party.

Drew wraps an arm around my waist as if to remind me that he's here by my side. I take a deep breath and eye the house I used to always go to whenever the guys were gone. I can not believe I'm back here.

I walk towards the entrance, unsure of whether everyone is inside or outside.

"You got this, you look incredible," Drew says in my ear.

My heart flutters as I smile and reach to give his hand a thankful squeeze. I lead us to the door and open it just to be met with the sound of chatter. However, I'm immediately interrupted by something else as I feel something against my leg.

I look down and gasp at the sight of Duke who's panting and jumping up and down. I don't hesitate to bend down to pick him up regardless of my dress and kiss the hell out of him.

"Dukey," I say petting him and attempting to make up for all the attention I was unable to give him all this time. "Look at you, you're so big!"

He continues to pant as he licks me and Drew looks at him probably confused as ever.

"This is Duke, Calum and I got him together a long time ago. I haven't seen him in forever," I say, feeling nothing but happiness now that I get to see him.

Drew pets him and gives him an equal amount of attention as I place him back down on the ground so he can continue to jump and we both bend over so we're on his level.

I can't help but laugh at the way Drew interacts with him and really goes all in. I watch the two as it's clear just how much Duke loves him. Anyone who tries to walk in will definitely think we're idiots.

"Do not tell me that's Addison Sinclair," a familiar voice chimes.

I turn around from my squatted position to see Crystal standing there with blonde hair as she wears a beautiful white dress and smiles at me.

"Crystal," I say, almost feeling shocked to see her considering how long it's been.

I stand up and feel an overwhelming urge to run to her and throw my arms around her in order to pull her in for a hug. She beats me to it as she hurries to me in her heels and hugs me as if her life depends on it.