north carolina

Luke's POV:

Leaving Atlanta was something none of us wanted to do, but we had to.

Our trip was incredible and such a peaceful break from reality. I could tell Addison really didn't want to leave and it's evident in how quiet she's been since we got back on the road.

Everyone has been fairly quiet and I'm sure that's due to the fact that we have a long ride ahead of us. Addison and I had picked out a book and she quickly found herself nuzzled between my legs as I hold it out in front of the two of us and we read it.

Her head presses firmly against my chest as I can't help but appreciate this moment. It's moments like this that I cherish the most.

I've snuck a few forehead kisses and have noticed the way it relaxes her instantly. After the long and eventful trip in Atlanta, we've all needed this moment of relaxation.

"Yo, Luke," Michael says making Addison and myself both turn our heads. "That video of you fighting that kid is all over twitter."

My eyes widen regardless of the fact that I should've seen that coming. Of course it's viral on twitter, you were reckless in front of a countless amount of strangers.

"What's everyone saying?" Ashton asks, immediately moving towards Michael to look over his shoulder.

"Well, the big thing everyone is taking from it is the fact that Luke has a girlfriend," Michael says, looking up to me. "Lots of girls complaining that their mans is taken."

Addison just snorts as I try to press for more than just that.

"Go on."

"It's most people just pro you getting in a fight," Ashton says, using his own finger to scroll through Michael's phone. "They think it's hot."

I should've expected that video to get out and I don't know why I wasn't smarter. Obviously this isn't good for our image and I'm sure I'm going to have to face consequences. However, there's nothing to be done rather than potentially issue an apology to the public.

"Fuck, I'm sorry guys," I say running my hands over my face in frustration.

"Hey, I think it's good for us," Calum says, speaking up. "People won't think we're just some pop boy band. They'll look at us as being badass."

I give Calum a look considering I don't want them to think we're animals who can't control our anger. I especially don't want them thinking that about me. What happened that night is so out of character for me and the only way I reacted the way I did was due to the fact that it was Addison.

I'm not going to let any asshole talk to her that way.

"Don't sweat it," Calum says looking to me. "If anything, it'll just make people like us more."

I groan in frustration and throw my head back. Countless possibilities run through my mind of what could come out of this. However, they're all negative. I can't find it in me to look on the bright side and I feel sick to my stomach.

"I need to post an apology," I say pulling out my phone.

"No you don't dude," Calum says, shaking his head. "Just let it blow over, it will."

Will it blow over? I'm sure people will get over it eventually but are they going to want an explanation or an apology? Perhaps I'll see how the show goes tonight and see how people respond to it.

On top of that, I'll keep my eye out on social media to see how many people hate me because of it.

"If it makes you feel any better, I thought it was hot," Addison says as she looks up to me.