truth or dare.

Luke's POV:

It seemed as if Addison's intentions were to go out and do something but that seemed to have quickly changed as we ended up back at the bus with a large pizza and a case of beer.

We probably could've done something outside the bus if we weren't so quickly mobbed by fans the second we got off. We realized how unrealistic it would be for us to go anywhere considering they seemed to want to follow us no matter where we went.

We ordered delivery to the bus and have stayed on the tiny, crammed bus since. I recommended putting on a movie but Addison recommended reading instead.

I couldn't turn this down considering I haven't read in a while. However, the idea of sitting and reading with her as I occasionally looked up to see her reactions to the text as she would smile, frown, or laugh.

She's always a lot more entertaining than the book itself.

We cut off our reading as soon as the pizza got here and cracked open the beers. I was shocked to see just how quickly Addison was drinking the beers and could definitely tell that they were having an effect on her.

Due to that, I'm glad we decided to stay on the bus.

"I really like this book," Addison says, furrowing her eyebrows slightly as she holds up the book we had gotten the other week from the owner that I had gifted the tickets to. "What are your thoughts?"

She looks up at me, and I can see the slight gloss in her eyes signaling to me that she's had a decent amount to drink. Her lips part slightly as she awaits my response.

"I do too," I say honestly. "It was a good pick on your part."

Addison's lips curve up at this and I can tell she likes the satisfaction of knowing that she picked out a book I approve of. Not that I ever wouldn't. Her taste in books is incredible and I've grown to admire it.

"Thank you," she says, sounding genuinely very happy. "I need to get more books, can we go to another book store soon?"

I laugh considering little does she know I have a whole pile for her in the back of the bus.

The day I got those books for her back in LA, an idea had come to mind. I know how much the girl loves to read and I certainly know how excited she gets over little things. More specifically, little things that remind her of other things.

So in every city we've been to, I've stopped at a bookstore in order to buy her a book with whatever downtime I've had. Some books are more random, and others are ones that I know she'll like.

For example, in Connecticut, I got her a romance novel based in Connecticut. In Ohio, I got a book about the history of Ohio and the best places to visit when you're in Ohio. Really whatever caught my eye and related to the state in some way.

On the inside cover, I write down the state and a little message about that stop. Whether that's a fun memory we all have while being there, or even something I liked about the state in particular.

I have no idea when I plan on handing her over all these books because I'd like for the collection to be complete. However, she's also constantly saying how she needs more books for her downtime. It's almost cruel that I'm hiding all of these from her.

"Tomorrow morning," I say, realizing I have yet to respond. "We'll grab coffee, if we can, and find somewhere to go."

Her eyes light up in pure excitement as she claps her hands together and involuntarily scoots closer to me as I only grow nervous. I hadn't even realized how much she was drinking.