trial.

I stare at the courthouse with nothing but nervousness pulsating through me. Luke keeps his hand firmly in my own and I can't help but find comfort in this.

Everyone else is driving separately but we just together and after all of them considering we had been running errands. I made sure to look my best for the occasion as I wear a light blue dress with my hair tied back in a braid.

Luke had spent much time telling me just how beautiful I look and I can't help but admit it made me feel better. Today is going to be stressful and scary but I know he's going to get me through it.

I still haven't had time to process the fact that he's the one who's getting Chasen out of this mess. It amazes me that he hasn't let it slip or hasn't hinted at it.

He really does care about me.

"You ready?" he asks me as he tugs my hands so I'm facing him.

I look into his blue eyes where I find so much comfort and nod my head with hesitance. No I'm not technically ready, but I have to be ready.

"I guess so," I say looking towards the courthouse once again and then back to him.

He reaches forward in order to tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear before leaning forward and connecting our lips. I don't pull away because his lips provide me so much warmth that eases me the slightest bit and makes me forget.

He luckily doesn't pull away either as our lips just rest against each other. Neither one of us move them or attempt to deepen the kiss and it relaxes me.

Luke continues to hold onto my hands as he gives them a soft squeeze and then pulls away to rest his forehead on mine.

"I'm here for you Addie," he says, just above a whisper.

I nod considering I know he's here for me. This is so clear considering he put in all this money to support me. I know he didn't buy this lawyer for Chasen's sake, he did it for my sake. Yet, he wants no credit for it.

It also makes my heart warm up at the thought that he's not using this as proof that he's trying to make up for his past. He's putting in extra effort to show this without admitting to something so incredible.

"I love you," he says squeezing my hand.

"I love you," I say, smiling softly.

Luke hasn't stopped reminding me how much he loves me since the end of that concert. It's as if he feels the need to remind me every other minute. I can hear the sincerity in his words and how desperately he wants me to know.

It relaxes me and reminds me that things between us are real. Hearing him remind me he loves me is the most calming thing I could ever hear.

"Let's get in there," he says to me.

I nod my head because I know the trial is going to be starting any minute. Luke leads the way and I trail behind him as I keep my head down and try to push any negative thoughts out of my head. I need to have confidence that today will go well.

Luke opens the door for me and I slide in, noticing voices are quiet which probably is a signal that things are going to start any minute. I tighten my grip on Luke's hand and look forward to seeing Chasen for the first time in a while.

I can only imagine how he's feeling.

We walk into the courtroom that is fairly filled and immediately see my family sitting with Luke's family. Jack sits along the aisle and wears a look of confidence.

I can't help but feel comforted in the fact that my family and his can come together to be there for one another and ultimately end a huge chapter of all of our lives. It's time to move past this and focus on other things.