heal.

Addison's POV:

The idea to leave my own birthday party was maybe the best idea anyone's had all day.

The second we stepped out, I actually felt like I could breathe. We had the opportunity to go on the bus and sleep it out for the night but Luke suggested we go on a walk so I took up his suggestion because I'm not sure I'm ready to sleep.

Luke insisted we hit the alcohol store first considering he thought it was too early for either of us to stop drinking. I didn't fight against it considering how the night went, I needed it.

We grabbed a fifth of fireball and luckily found a nearby park that called our names. We've kept a fair amount of distance between the two of us as we walked in the silence of the night and mostly haven't said much.

I'm not sure either of us really know what to say.

It's a weird situation we're in. Luke's comforting me because he clearly knows I'm upset about Drew going off with some girl. Why it upset me is beyond me. I'm the one who had the choice to make things exclusive between the two of us, and I said no.

Yet, here I am whining over seeing him with another girl.

He's the one who didn't react in the slightest when he found out I slept in Luke's bed so it's so unfair of me to be reacting like this. I guess I just expected more of him on my birthday. Even though I went on all day saying I don't want attention, I felt abandoned when he up and left me for someone else.

Does that change things for me? Does that make me want to make things exclusive between us to avoid this in the future? No way. I wouldn't change a thing. I just have to accept that he's on tour and girls are here to see him.

I can't tell him he can't feed into it.

"What are you thinking about?" Luke speaks up making me look over to him.

He had grabbed a leather jacket from the bus because the nights getting colder by the minute. At the time, I was fine but now I can't help but regret my decision.

I shrug my shoulders because this is the last thing I want to talk about and I'm sure it's the last thing he wants to talk about.

"I'm not sure honestly."

Luke keeps his attention on me as his head is turned, "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really," I say honestly.

Luke doesn't respond and I'm sure he's relieved to hear this. He stops in front of a bench and doesn't hesitate to climb up on top of it. I watch him hesitantly as he sits down on it and waits for me to do the same. I decide to follow his lead as I sit on top of the old, wooden bench.

"Let's crack this open then," he says gesturing towards the fireball.

I snort as he opens the bottle with ease and doesn't hesitate to bring it to his lips. I watch his beautiful lips press to the bottle with ease and can't help but stare.

He pulls the bottle away making me look away as he hands it over to me.

I take it from his hands and take my own sip. I take a big one because I figured I earned it after the long day we've had. Luke watches me as well as I eventually take it away from my lips and place it down.

"Can this day be over?" I ask shutting my eyes and throwing my head back.

Luke just watches me as his hands are folded and his elbows rest on his knees. He must understand why I'm on the verge of losing my mind and doesn't seem to have any questions.