fall.

Luke's POV:

We both ended up getting two books each that I insisted on paying for.

Addison tried, but I of course didn't let her. The man who owned the shop even tried giving it to us for free due to the tickets but I knew the shop probably needed the $50 a lot more than I did.

We contemplated going right back to the bus due to the scene that happened earlier in the coffee shop, but both of us decided to risk it instead in order to walk around and be anywhere but the bus for a little.

After buying the books, we stayed in the shop a little to drink our coffee as well as do the much anticipated crossword. The bookstore owner was amazed at how quickly we had done it and had much to say about our love for doing crossword puzzles together. He even pulled out an old newspaper he had in order to watch us complete another.

Once we wrapped everything up, he asked for a picture with the two of us in order to show his daughter. We obliged happily and told him we looked forward to seeing him tomorrow at the show.

Currently, we're walking side by side down the streets of Connecticut enjoying the different state that neither of us had ever been to. I know the Atlanta show is coming up and I can only imagine how excited Addison is to be back in Atlanta with her family.

We scheduled a few days off in between the Atlanta show and the following show in Addison's favor. On top of that, we made sure to schedule it around Chasen's court date.

I've put a lot of thought into whether I will go or not but I certainly have let Jack know in case he wants to go. I know Addison will go so a big part of me feels as if I should go there and support her. Had it been a few months ago, I'd go in order to watch Chasen get locked up and thrown behind bars.

However, now I want to go in order to see the happiness on Addison's face when he's saved from having to do so. I have confidence in the lawyer I hired and have been in touch since.

He's kept me updated on the trial and how things are going. He beams nothing but confidence as I hear it in his voice. I 100% have intentions of meeting up with the lawyer a day or so before the trial in order to make sure everything is going according to plan.

I don't know if I can see the hurt on Addison's face if this doesn't work out. I've seen the look of pure hurt on her face and I'd rather be blind than to ever have to see it again.

So I can't help but feel stress as well with this trial approaching. I just want everything to go smoothly.

"Connecticut is beautiful in the fall," Addison says, interrupting me from my thoughts.

I look to her as she seems to take in all of her surroundings and admire it all. Her eyes don't look to mine as they usually do, instead they look at every single detail of nature as her arms lay by her side and I want nothing more than to desperately reach for her hand.

Knowing I can't push it, I instead dig my hands in the pockets of my leather jacket as I nod my head, "It is, I love fall."

Addison's head whips around to look to me as she says, "Me too, it's my favorite season."

I raise my eyebrows because it's my favorite season and always has been. I love everything about it.

"What's your favorite part about it?" I ask her, wanting to know all the little things that lead to her love of fall rather than the broad idea itself.

Addison sighs as she looks off and her lips curve up the slightest, "I love the weather, Halloween, the leaves falling off the trees, going to pumpkin patches, wearing a big cozy sweater, drinking apple cider, gosh I could go on and on."