addison.

"So, this old, rustic place is your favorite coffee shop?"

He asks me with so much hesitation in his words, I can't help but be confused as he holds open the door. I slip in and nod my head, not understanding the big deal.

"Yeah, isn't it cute?" I ask.

Drew looks around, clearly not interested as he cringes, "Don't you want something a little more modern?"

I only resist the urge to snap considering he has no idea how much this place means to me yet here he is complaining. My eyes trail off to the bookshelf and I spot my book sitting there making my heart race immediately.

It's still there.

"I mean it seems cool and all but if we want to go somewhere nicer, I'll treat us-"

I only grab onto Drew's wrist and drag him towards the register, "I went here absolutely everyday in college so I need to have my one morning here."

Drew doesn't say anything and I assume he accepts defeat. I'm glad he doesn't push it further as I notice the same barista stands behind the counter making me immediately smile.

"You're back," is all she says.

"I am," I say as her eyes trail off to Drew. "I moved to LA."

"You're that guy from The Chainsmokers, aren't you?" she asks him.

Drew smiles and removes his grip from my wrist in order to place it on my lower back, "I am."

"So I'm going to guess you two are together," she says wiggling a finger between the two of us.

I cringe considering I don't know how to answer the question. I don't have the time or patience to explain it, nor do I care to. So I stay silent and hope for Drew to make something up.

"Something like that," Drew says. "Do you mind taking our order please? I need something to eat and am dying for some coffee."

Even if his approach at changing the subject wasn't ideal, he still did it so I'm thankful that we got ourselves out of the conversation. I shoot the barista a smile as she seems surprised as well.

"I'm going to guess you want your regular," she says looking to me.

"Please," I say.

"And for you Mr. Chainsmokers man?" she asks with a clear fake smile and I can tell it's due to the way he cut her off in an attempt to order something.

"I'll get an iced coffee with a bagel," is all he says as he takes out his wallet.

I don't bother taking out my own due to the fact Drew never lets me pay. I've stopped arguing because I know I'm never going to win.

"You know, your old guy still comes around," she says to me as she turns to make the drinks.

I can't help but wonder if this is an attempt to spite Drew but I know it won't push his buttons so I go along with the conversation.

Not knowing if she's referring to Calum or Luke, I ask, "Shirtless one or the one I always came in with?"

"The one you always came with," she says pouring my coffee in a mug. "Hasn't missed a single morning. In fact, he was here this morning."

I feel tense hearing this considering it's crazy for me to think that Luke was in here just this morning. Not only that, but he still comes here every single morning. I figured he'd drop this morning routine the second I left.

"Really?" I ask. "Does he come with anyone?"

I can't help but notice my subtle attempt at asking if he has come in here with any other girls. I hate thinking that he could've walked in hand in hand with another girl after spending a night together.