chasen.

I stare at myself in the mirror with hesitation.

Mrs. Sinclair had showed me where the guest room was once the night concluded and told me it was all mine. She even jokingly suggested I stay in Addison's room in order to give the other guys more room.

I just laughed it off, but seriously considered it for half a second. Then I decided against it and told myself that I'd only stay in there if she asked me to.

Especially due to how the night concluded last night. I can tell Addison is very frustrated with me and how I'm handling the situation. I know I'm probably going about this the worst way possible but the last thing I want to do is rush anything.

My family had gotten hotel rooms so they left once the party ended and headed back. My brother's had wished me good luck for today and told me to fill them in once it was all over.

So I stare at myself in the mirror dressed in a pair of black slacks with a white button down on top. I figured I might as well look somewhat professional when it comes to meeting Chasen for the first time and his lawyer.

Chasen has no idea I'm the one who got him his lawyer, and I'm sure he's going to be stunned to see me today. I made sure to schedule the meeting early enough so I could sneak out of the house without getting caught by anyone.

So as I run my hand through my hair once more to ensure it will stay in place, I take a deep breath. I'm not sure how today's going to go and I'm certainly not sure of how I'll handle it.

"You got this," I say to my reflection.

I try to keep a serious face and emit as much confidence as it can but soon my shoulders slump and I'm back to feeling stressed. What if this goes absolutely terribly?

I decide it's better to leave as opposed to standing here wondering what's going to happen. I need to get there and get it over with so I can feel better about all of this.

I grab my wallet and put it in my pocket in order to have identification. Now it's all a matter of sneaking out of here somehow.

I open the door with ease and hear the silence of the house. I'm thankful as I clutch my phone in my hand in order to call an uber as soon as I get downstairs.

I practically tiptoe through the halls in order to avoid being heard. Everytime the floor creaks in the slightest or makes a noise louder than I'd like, I can't help but cringe in fear that someone's going to open their door and catch me.

I'd have absolutely no explanation that would be reasonable enough for them not to tag along. If I'm caught coming in once I'm back, I can just say I went to get coffee. However, if I'm caught now, whoever it is will want to come and get the coffee with me.

Hurrying down the steps, I practically sigh of relief as I get by the second floor without any trouble. I'd like to think no one is up and sitting down here at this time but then again, who knows.

I look down to open the app and order the uber as I reach down the bottom step when my nightmare comes true and someone says something from the other room.

"What's got you up so early?"

I look up and see Mr. Sinclair sitting in the living room with a newspaper in his lap as I feel somewhat relieved considering he already knows. He's technically the only one in this house that knows so I guess it's better to be caught by him as opposed to anyone else.

I walk towards the living room before clearing my throat, "I'm going to go meet up with Chasen in his lawyer in order to discuss the trial and meet the person representing him."