Darlene Comes Home

Later the next morning, Darlene came in to Toni's room to see Toni and I sleeping. Again, it was like how we were sleeping before. I was laying on the bed, Toni's head was on my chest, her arm was draped over my stomach and my arm behind her back. We slept like that all night, not one of us moved an inch throughout the night.

Darlene lightly knocked on Toni's door and walked in slowly. "Toni..." She said softly. 

I woke-up and so did Toni. She slowly lifted her head off my chest and looked at her Mum. "Oh, hi Mom." She said.

"Sorry for waking you both, I just wanted you both to know that I'm home." Darlene said.

"Oh okay." Toni said as she got off her bed and walked to her Mum. "Did the Doctors say anything?"

"Yeah. They said that she could have survived but the car caused so much damage, that even if she could survive, she wouldn't have had a lot time. She would've died by the end of the month." Darlene said shedding a tear.

"Why does that matter? The only that should matter Mom is that she would've still been with us." Toni said as I heard her voice crack, which meant she was starting to cry.

"But she still would've left us. She was my baby, and now she's gone." Darlene cried. 

"I know Mom, I know. I wish we could still have her." Toni said as she hugged her mother. She waved her hand at me, which meant she wanted me to hug them both. I wrapped my arms around them both and they both wrapped their arms around me. They always included me in family situations and so on.