Like a Flip of a Coin

What was this feeling that she had?

Mind unable to focus on the writings written in dark ink from the paperwork that pilled on her desk –of various reports and letters that she was supposed to read over, that she could not continue in working properly and instead had rose onto her feet, feeling the frustration bubbling up from knowing that she was, in her Council's word, 'slacking off'. When she had moved to stand by the window, overlooking the blue water that surrounded the half portion of Arendelle, her blue eyes had darted back and forth in search of her husband, yet it was futile as for the distance between them would not make it possible for her event the keenest eyes to see.

But she knew he was down there, either donning his Admiral uniform that he had left the castle with in the morning or had discarded it to match the men he was to train. Arendelle was entering the winter season, yet she would not be surprised if he had taken off his heavy jacket, for the heat and sweat that his body produce would warm him enough. He was down there, working with his knowledge and skill to share with her navy so that their kingdom would be safe, while she was stuck up in her study, with walls securing her and those inside with her, and she was restless.

Of the thought that the pirates would come and taken them by surprise, when her navy was not ready, when no one was, and that Hans, no matter how sharp-witted he may be, would be overwhelmed by it. He was a noble man, she knew he would not leave one man behind if he could help it, and the fear of one man's life saved in exchange of his gnawed on her mind from the inside out.

Her babe kicked then, as if knowing exactly of the negative thoughts that plagued it's mother's mind, or perhaps it had just sensed on how tensed she had become, either way the gesture had broken her train of thought as she had turned to look down, running a soothing hand from the crest of her belly down to the lower part of it, feeling her child moved along with the touch within her womb.

"Papa will be home soon." It was his day-to-day duty now, to go down to the docks to train in the morning after breakfast and only returning late at night as he wished to waste no time in his wake, though it did take the toll of him being utterly exhausted that they would barely have the chance to talk. She had been missing him, yes, but she understood of the reasoning behind it –she was also the one who had officially decided on the course of action, and she had her own responsibilities to mind and her sister to accompany her. Yet their child, who could not yet comprehend with the situation at hand, had been impatient with Hans' prolonged lack of presence, of the feel of his hands and the soft voice he would whisper against her belly as if the two were sharing secrets; and thus had reflected the similar restlessness as it's mother, one that often made it hard for her to sleep soundly at night.

Glancing at the pilling paperwork at her desk and the bottle of ink that was left unopened even after she had been sitting in her study for at least an hour or two, her lips had pursed. She was in no mood to continue to work, not when her mind had been so occupied with other things that could risk her not fully understanding of the reports she was supposed to look over, and she had made her way past her desk, heading for the door instead.

Her ladies-in-waiting dutifully followed close behind, to wherever it was she was heading for as she walked down the halls, nodding her head as passing servants took a moment out of their rush to bow at her presence, though even she could not explicitly tell where she was going. Eventually her feet had taken her to stand in front of the door for the recreational room, and she had turned to one of the ladies, requesting for Anna to be called upon, before she had entered.

Anna came with rushed steps and the Queen's poor lady calling out that it was not something alarming as she desperately trying to catch up with the Princess' pace, coming to a stop at the door, gasping for breath while the older sister had rose her eyebrow in question as she sat at the piano.