First Snow

Cold wind blew against her skin.

Never once did it bothered her before, not even now, as her body itself was colder than any other person, the cold had always felt more like a comfortable embrace for her, a welcoming weather for her to just go and have a calming walk when others would very much preferred to stay inside by the fireplace. She could go with the thinnest of clothing and would still go unbothered, yet she had put on a warm coat around herself today as she walked around the garden.

The cold may not bothered her, but she did not want to even have the smallest of chance in bringing her child into any sort of discomfort should it's ability to withstand the weather was not the same as hers, besides Anna kept on pestering her to put warm clothing and would not let her go otherwise. These days, she was repeatedly reminded that her younger sister had grown into a young woman, she was no longer the young child that would cry when she had scrapped her knee after falling off a tree she was climbing.

"It's cold!"

Though, some things never change.

The Queen had let out a small laugh over her younger sister's whine as the strawberry blonde haired Princess came running after her, hands tightly holding her own coat together to keep herself warm and the wind away from her. "You don't have to come with me."

"Nonsense!" Anna's breath did come with a small puff of cloud when the warmth of her insides was exposed to the crisp air, though she had maintained a determined face as she linked her arm around hers. "Who would miss the chance of taking a walk with the one and only Snow Queen of Arendelle?"

With an eyebrow raised, she had turned her head at her sister with intrigue. "Oh? Is that what they call me now?" It was far better than any names that she had been called before, or have called herself with during the hard times of her life, 'Snow Queen' meant that people had acknowledge her and her power as one, and that she herself had embraced it instead of trying to hide it from the world.

"I think it's interesting and definitely suits you." The Princess had shrugged casually, leaning her head against her shoulder with a small sigh. "It must have been fun to not feel the cold, right?" When not faced with the impending horror that she could lose control and hurt someone in the process, perhaps.

"Kind of."

Their conversation continued on over the things that had been happening. Kristoff had mentioned to the Princess that he wished to replace his sled –for no matter how he had taken a good care of it and had just paid it off from the little money he got from his ice business, it was a little old sled that had creaked at some places. Though it was merely a passing topic, for the Ice Harvester had quickly changed it after realizing who he was talking to and assured her that he was not complaining, instead he was just stating things. Elsa, on the other hand, had the doctor come for a visit to check up on her pregnancy, and was pleased to know that her babe was growing healthy and on track, expected to arrive into the world in a few more months, at early spring perhaps.

They had only stopped when Anna had felt the gentle touch of coldness that had suddenly came onto the tip of her nose. Looking up, both could see the light rain of snowflakes that had fallen from the sky, melting down when they met with the Princess' warm skin and settling down and able to maintain their shapes when met with the Queen's cold one.

"It's the first snow of the year."

While the younger sister had stood in awe with a smile on her face, palms up to capture the falling snow, the older had turned her head to the direction of where the ocean was, though her vision was obstructed by the walls, mind had automatically went over to how her husband and the navy would be affected by the snow.