Do You Want to Build A Snowman?

She didn't quite expect it to be possible.

Snow had fallen in the night when Arendelle was fast asleep, blanketing the kingdom in white, and by the time she had entered the Prince's nursery, he was already propping himself up on his feet, holding tight onto the railings of his crib for support as he excitedly bounced at the sight of gentle falling snow outside his window, babbling away in the early morning.

"Wilhelm," he was not crying, which was rather odd, but it seemed that his excitement had distracted him from it. When she had approached and called for his name, he had turned around, eyes brightening up at the sight of her, before he began to reach out to the window while his babbles had only intensified. He was showing her of it and of how happy it made him. "Oh, you like that, huh? Would you like to see what Mama can do?" Lifting him up, she held him securely with one arm while the other had her palm held up and a small burst of snow appeared under her command, rewarding her with a high squeal as his legs kicked around, and her own laughter was soon followed behind.

She had returned in using her magic after his birth, but back then he was far too young to understand when that happened -and she did avoid using it around him in the first place most of the time to keep him away from the cold, she had made a clear promise not to have her magic be harmful in any way for her son, even the suggestion of having ice decorations created by her in his nursery had been denied for some might break and thus be dangerous for him. But now, sharing her magic with him -showcasing it right before his eyes, and to see his awed reaction, had made her unable to resist the warmth that spread within herself.

This was what she wanted for her magic to become for her and for her family. A harmless thing that she could share to bring joy and happiness to those who see it without any sort of fear from them or from herself. Wilhelm did not even flinch at the sight of how snow had suddenly appeared under his mother's command, he was drawn to it. And his reaction brought her relief, for at least her own son did not fear her for who she was.

Though his interest in her magic had not lasted long, as hunger had started to make it's appearance when the auburn-haired young Prince had grabbed against the fabric of her nightgown, just above her breast, whining as he looked up at her with pursed lips and furrowed brows, making her dismiss of the snow with an amused chuckle. "What? It's you who wants to see snow in the first place." She teased, as she made her way toward the armchair by the window, preparing for his morning nursing while the boy watched the falling snow outside.

With his admiration to snow, he truly was her son.

Her Council had been rather cooperative with her now, and had given her more ease in doing her responsibilities, as for now they had given her the chance to spend the holidays with her family, allowing her to sit with them in the Recreational room, watching how Anna ran around in her attempt to catch Wilhelm -who had became quite an expert in crawling, squeaking as she ran to his rescue every time he came near something that may fallen down or slip. The Princess had insisted that she could handle him, thus why she had only been laughing in amusement as she watched the two from the lounge she was on.

"Kristoff, catch him!"

The blonde-haired mountain man had been quick to lift the young Prince up as he made his way toward the fireplace, frowning at the boy who whined in protest. His stance was a little awkward in holding him, had held him nearing an arm's length as he had expressed his lack of experience with children, and the Princess had come to his rescue by taking her nephew into her arms.

He had been awkward since the morning that he entered the castle's walls, for it was not for any royal business he was involved in and rather for the direct invitation from the Queen to join them, feeling as if he was not supposed to be there. But she wanted to know him better, seeing that the relationship between him and her sister had been nothing but positive with the possibility of an actual courting -Anna still denied that they were looking at that but she could feel it in the way that they looked at each other, and Christmas Eve was a good chance to have him around.