Family of a Queen

They could not help but pester.

Everything that she did, no matter how simple it was, would be met with questions concerning on whether she was alright, whether she had exhausted herself, met with offers for her to sit down and call it a day when they were barely had passed lunch. Their questions and over-reaction were the ones that truly exhausted her, because they were acting too much, had treated her as if she would break under the smallest of pressure.

"You don't have to do this-"

Head turning, her eyes narrowed as she glared at her husband, who had followed her through the halls as she made her way to the Throne Room, to where she would meet the citizens needing her audience. "Hans," her voice was laced with a warning tone, as how ridiculous it was for him to worry over her when all she would do was sit. "Don't start."

The auburn haired Prince scowled, as he was met with another of her denial, yet instead of leaving her be, he continued to trail behind her. "If I can't stop you," he started when she had barely made a move to protest and dismiss him. "Then I'm coming."

"Weren't you the one that the doctor said had to rest?"

"The leg wound is not as bad as the arm's, it almost healed up already." The roll of his eyes made her brow rose, as he shared the similar persistence as she, she wondered if anyone would be able to handle the headstrongness that their child would definitely inherit. "Now hush."

It was one of the many things she had to endure now that her due date was looming in mere few months, it seemed.

Thus why she had him sitting on a chair provided for him dutifully by her throne, hands on his knees –even his left bandaged one, as he listened just as intently as she was while the man before them spoke of his concern over the year's winter, for it was a little harsher than what Arendelle had usually faced, had driven people into a fit of illness from the cold even during the day.

She was the Snow Queen, yes, but she had no hand in whether Arendelle was losing the warmth of the sun, she had held herself from ever unleashing her magic, especially after what had happened the last time that she did, the alarming pain that she had to endure on her belly was the ultimate sign that she would not use her magic at all for the sake of her child.

The farmer's indirect complain and request for her to see the weather until it was fit for the need of the people had definitely brought Hans discomfort, as from the corner of her eyes she could see how his posture had suddenly became rigid, his protective nature over her and their child starting to kick in, and she had to save the poor soul before her husband handled it himself.

"Mr. Andersen," she had spoken up before Hans could, eyes directed forward. "I will make sure to discuss of what is the best action to help you with my Council later on, thank you for coming here and letting me know."

"Of course, Your Majesty."

After the man had left, she made a motion for Kai to hold their next person by raising a hand at his direction, telling him that she needed time before attending another citizen. Receiving a nod of approval, she turned her attention to her husband. "You may leave if you want, Hans, I can handle this myself."

His brows knitted as he looked at her, expression of denial on his face. "What makes you think of that?"

"I can't have you reacting defensively over everything." She didn't want to put a strain in her relationship with her subjects just because Hans, whose words she could not control once they came out, had reacted in the opposite way of what she wanted. "This is me holding an audience, not you."

"His demands are unethical."

As if she was not aware of such thing. But people were just trying to live, they were desperate for help in times of need, and if hearing them could at least ease a little of their worries then she shall do exactly that. "It's humane."