|Genya| Puberty [Fluff]

"I hate that guy!" You exclaim. Kanao gave you a confused look. "You know, that pineapple head guy in the Final Selection?"

Kanao tossed a coin. "Do you mean Genya?"

"Genya," it left a weird taste in your mouth. "Genya. Even his name is ugly. Ugh!" You continued to walk around. "I mean, just how did he even make it to the Final Selection? I heard he couldn't even use breaths."

Kanao tossed another coin and shrugged in reply. "But... he does look a bit like Sanemi-san. Sanemi-san is another douche but he got the skills to make up for it," you said. "A powerful douche..."

You glance at Kanao. "Hey, toss that coin again," and she did. "Final Selection was years ago, Y/N. Why are you ranting about it now?"

"Because I heard he hurt an Ubuyashiki. Oyakata-sama's blood and flesh! And he wants to join the Demon Hunting Corp? The nerve." You continued to rant. Little did you know, Genya was observing you from a distance, oblivious to the horrible words you were saying about him.

"She's so cute." He watched you go on and on to Kanao, wishing it was him instead.

"My throat is dry. I need something to drink," you excuse yourself to Kanao.

"It's because you keep ranting about Genya," she said as soon as she saw the coin's end.

"It's because he's horrible! He's terrible! He's—" and you were at it again, croaking like an old toad.

A little girl yanked at Genya's shirt and offered him water. He blushed. "I'm fine. Thanks."

"It's not for you, stupid. Give it to Y/N," she said. Genya awkwardly grabbed the cup and took a deep breath, preparing himself to talk to you.

His legs was weak to even walk in your direction. Your voice was getting louder and louder.

"I swear Kanao, the moment I see him I'll hit his ugly face like this—" you chopped the air, voice dry as the desert.

"E-Excuse me, this is for you," he gave you the cup.

Smiling warmly, you nodded at him. "Aw, thank you so much—" you gasped. "YOU!"

This made Genya's eyes widen. "...me?" He watched you furiously downed the cup of water.

You wiped your mouth. "You hurt one of Oyakata-sama's children!" He gave you a confused look, motioning for you to continue. "You know, during the final selection?"

How dare you forget that day, you thought to yourself.

Realizing what you were talking about, Genya blushed. "I didn't mean it. I—I swear I'm different now." You eyed him up and down before scoffing. "I even apologize to Oyakata-sama's children."

That doesn't change the fact that you're a barbarous piece of—

You glared at him over your shoulder, feeling a tad bit guilty. "For such a menacing-looking guy, you sure are a baby." Seconds after those words escaped your mouth, you were certain Genya was about to faint.

"I'm sorry," he murmured. You placed a damp cloth on his forehead. 

"I'm sorry, too." Silence lingered in the air before you burst out laughing. "I forgive you, though."

"Already?"

"Yeah. I mean, who knew you'd faint and even caught a fever," you chuckled, leaning closer to him, nose touching, "just because you couldn't handle being next to me."

Genya gently pushed you away, slightly tearing up. "Y-You'll get sick."

You snickered, pulling away. "I'm just kidding," was your reply before sneezing. "Oh no."